Assistant/Senior Assistant Director for Student Success Center
Job Description Summary:
Job ID: 4629 - Unclassified - FT (Salaried)
The Student Success Center is embedded in a division that champions data-driven decisions, student-centered services, and shared collaboration across campus to lead and support the full student lifecycle from recruitment through graduation to lifelong success.
- The Senior Assistant Director/Assistant Director works in close partnership as a member of a team of three SSC staff to serve as advocates and problem-solvers for all Miami students and who all do the following: conduct exit interviews with students who are withdrawing/not returning to Miami; respond to student referrals from the One Stop and other University offices/alert processes via appointments, phone calls and email exchanges; help students create an action plan to identify, address and resolve issues; connect students to appropriate University resources; represent the Student Success Center at University-wide events (ex—New Student Orientations, Admission outreach programs)
- Manage a fluid case load of students and conduct outreach/proactive communication with students based on data generated by the EMSS Data Analytics and Research team and other University-wide initiatives as determined by the Student Success Committee
- Assist with providing an infrastructure of support for specific populations of students (including military-affiliated, transfer and relocation, international, and underrepresented students) related to navigating University processes and procedures in conjunction with other offices/departments throughout the University
- Conduct regularly scheduled proactive outreach to at-risk students via email and one-on-one meetings related to midterm grades, missed time ticket, need to register, and warnings related to Winter/Spring and Summer/Fall registration in order to enhance retention and student persistence to graduation
- Teach a student success course (UNV 101) and participate on divisional and University-wide committees as appropriate.
- Serve as the Student Success Center liaison to the College of Engineering and Computing (CEC) and the College of Education, Health and Society (EHS)
- Other duties as assigned.
Senior Assistant Director:
Master’s degree in Higher Education or a related field with at least 3 years of experience in higher education (could include graduate school assistantship).
Master’s degree in Higher Education or a related field with at least 2 years of experience in higher education (could include graduate school assistantship).
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.