Program Assistant II, Cronin Office of International Education
Cronin Office of International Ed
Summary of the Position
The Program Assistant provides programmatic and administrative support to the operations and initiatives of the Cronin Office of International Education. This is an entry level role in international education, serving as the first point of contact for students in a high traffic office. The Program Assistant synchronizes critical functions for the office and reports to the Director.
Study Abroad Administration (50%)
• Serve as first point of contact for general inquiries and study abroad questions.
• Coordinate scheduling and logistics for information sessions, classroom visits, and other campus events ensuring assignment of staff, room reservations, advertising to students, attendance tracking.
• Coordinate event planning for larger events such as the annual Study Abroad Fair, accepted students meetings, annual photo contest, etc.
• Support the student application and enrollment processes by handling inquiries, monitoring deposits, facilitating billing, withdrawals, etc.
• Coordinate General PreDeparture Orientation logistics (materials, reservations, student invites, etc.) in collaboration with staff
• Maintain meticulous student records in StudioAbroad system; create frequent reports and query watches to support team's data driven decision making, and to communicate to various stakeholders. Monitor user experience with software; liaise and troubleshoot with campus IT; manage support cases
• Manage data collection and reporting for external surveys
• Manage travel insurance enrollment and ensure accurate billing and payment
• Distribute and track program evaluations for all programs
• Maintain accurate partner database and emergency contacts to be current at all times
• Coordinate print and promotional materials, brochures, digital advertising, and department social media accounts. Maintain and enhance office home page and other assigned web pages.
Office Management and Reception (40%)
• Hire, train, and supervise student workers, liaising with staff to provide consistent direction and work flow.
• Create student worker schedules and oversee their shared and individual responsibilities such as reception, phone, general email account, office management. Provide back up when student workers receive challenging questions.
• Manage general department purchases and invoices (Poland Spring, Office Depot, gift orders, etc)
• Initiate mailings such as partner letters and promotional materials, holiday mailing, etc.
• Coordinate visitor scheduling and meeting preparations
• Maintain office current, organized, welcoming and tidy
Minimum Qualifications(Education and Experience Requirements)
Bachelor's degree and one year of related work experience. Superior organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail; ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and ongoing projects; ability to work and communicate effectively with various constituencies (domestic and international students, campus administrators, faculty, parents, etc.); excellent verbal and written communications skills and telephone demeanor; excellent initiative; excellent judgment, must be able to work effectively in a high traffic work environment; resourcefulness; high level of confidentiality and diplomatic professionalism; patience and flexibility; ability to respond quickly to changing circumstances; strong ability to contribute to a team; strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and presentation software.
Experience studying/living/working abroad strongly preferred. Public speaking ability preferred. Foreign language ability preferred.
Normal physical skills and dexterity associated with office environment and computer works.
Posting Detail Information
Special Instructions to Applicants
Bentley University requires reference checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree?
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity.