Construction Project Manager
Doyle Dickerson Terrazzo is seeking an experienced commercial construction Project Manager.
The Project Manager will plan, direct, and coordinate activities concerned with the construction and installation of terrazzo flooring systems. The Project Manager will participate in the conceptual development of the project and oversee its organization, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation.
• Confer with superintendents, owners, contractors, and/or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
• Plan, schedule, or coordinate construction project activities to meet deadlines.
• Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
• Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, or other regulations.
• Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction and installation of terrazzo flooring systems.
• Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
• Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites to ensure that proper construction procedures are being followed.
• Prepare contracts or negotiate revisions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, or subcontractors.
• Develop or implement quality control programs.
• Implement new or modified plans in response to delays or construction site emergencies.
• Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to representatives of the owner or developer, including administrative staff, workers, or clients.
• Perform or contract others to perform prebuilding assessments, such as conceptual cost estimating, feasibility, etc.
• Apply for and obtain all necessary permits or licenses.
• Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans, using computer models.
• Contract or oversee craft work.
• Direct and supervise construction or related workers.
• Determine labor requirements for dispatching workers to construction sites.
• Requisition supplies or materials to complete construction projects.
• Initiate suggestions for company-wide process improvements
• Develop creative solutions to problems
• Identify creative ways to deliver additional profit if possible
• Complete all activities with a pride of ownership
• Participate in company meetings
• Develop relationships with architects, contractors and others in the construction community.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must know Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel.
• Must be self-motivated & punctual
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills both internally and externally.
• Must be professional and polished in appearance and speech.
• Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management is preferred
• A combination of education and work experience will also be considered in lieu of degree
• PMP Certification preferred
• 5+ years of cost management, and / or project management experience
• Flooring Systems experience preferred
• Knowledge of Timberline and Sharepoint Software Systems
Thu, 10 Aug 2017 11:54:37 PDT