Data Operations Clerk, Graduate Admissions
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Oversee creation and management of graduate application files, manage transmittal process to program leadership, and process incoming student deposits.
- Uses Content Management System to enter student admissions data, including inquiry, applications, transcripts, and other supporting information with a great attention to detail. Manages all student information put into Connect system to ensure an high accuracy rate.
- Communicates clearly with co-workers and other members of the campus community in order to maintain and build positive relationships. Actively contributes to office culture and supports a positive office morale.
- Create professional documents (emails, letters) which adhere to office requirements and reflect AIC's standing as an academic institution, including proper spelling, grammar and punctuation. Clearly communicates important details and presents in an organized manner.
- Attend the weekly operations meeting with the goal of identifying and addressing problems and inconsistencies and providing input on resolution of problems, efficiencies, etc.
- Oversee the implementation of the graduate communication plan mailings, ensuring accurate and timely mailings.
- Improves existing processes to either increase productivity, accuracy of efficiency. Eliminates redundant work, seeks out partnerships with other offices, and identifies potential problems in the process before they occur.
- When posed with a problem, seeks out, documents and communicates a formal governing procedure. Updates and maintains the "Data Entry Policies and Procedures" guide.
- Works with Supervisors and coworkers to seek help when needed. Keeps supervisors apprised of important or potentially important information, and demonstrates good judgment on when to inform the supervisor of information. Addresses challenges with a optimistic and positive attitude.
- Screens correspondence, records and other documents for appropriate action and works with administrators to determine proper response or to resolve problems; makes referrals as appropriate.
- Required Degree(s): High School Diploma
- Preferred Degree(s): Associate's Degree
- Fast and accurate typing/data entry skills.
- Ability to review practices across departments and identify points of weakness, opportunities for new efficiencies, etc. Strong working knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to quickly learn new databases.
This is a full time, non-exempt, benefited position. Normal office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with a one hour non-paid lunch break. The hours are flexible to the needs of the department.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.