American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Tutor students in nursing content as needed
- Facilitate students' understanding of course objectives and clarification of key content
- Review/reinforce test-taking strategies in preparation for course exams and eventually licensing exam
- Assist students to develop study and time management skills to promote success on exams
- Communicate student's progress to course coordinators
- Interprets test results with students
- Maintains required documentation of tutoring sessions
- Demonstrates accountability in meeting position responsibilities and provides service excellence to students
- Demonstrates professional behaviors and effective communication skills
- Required Degree(s): Bachelor's degree in nursing
- Required Licensure(s): Licensed or eligible to be licensed as a registered nurse in the State of Massachusetts
- Strong commitment to high quality instruction in a diverse, student-centered environment and the ability to work with students with various learning styles and backgrounds
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively in team environment
- Ability to foster a collaborative atmosphere among students, faculty, and staff
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite; experience with health care equipment and technology, experience with or ability to learn use of educational technology
This is a part time, non-exempt, non-benefit eligible position. Hours will vary per week and are flexible to the needs of the department.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.