Web Developer - Temporary
I. DEPARTMENT INFORMATION
Job Description Summary:
ColonialTemps is seeking to hire a temporary Web Developer.
ColonialTemps is GW’s in-house temporary staffing service. Our temporary staff are assigned throughout the GW campuses in a variety of roles.
The temporary Web Developer would be responsible for the following:
• Manages all technical aspects and architecture of the department’s web presence. This includes responsibility for the CMS for the main site, which itself integrates search/discovery tools and applications such as a room reservation system, web publishing of archival collections, custom-built CMS modules, and more.
• Deploys, maintains, and enhances the CMS and other sites to ensure high availability, performance, security, and to ensure that the sites meet evolving business requirements. This entails back-end through front-end work: Administering Linux servers, configuring CMS applications and databases, through creating web pages and custom modules.
• Collaborates with the Web Designer to integrate approved themes and design elements into CMS and CMS modules.
• Utilizes site analytics to track and provide visibility into site activity, usage, and visitor profiles
• Utilizes SEO and Semantic Web strategies to improve site visibility
• Maintains current documentation on application and server administration, and adheres to team practices for code versioning and code review workflows
• Consults with Communications team and partners to determine priorities and scope of business requirements relating to web projects, and communicates with decision-makers at all levels to discuss technical plans, risks, and opportunitiesMinimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 5 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master’s degree or higher in a relevant area of study plus 3 years of relevant professional experience. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience developing and deploying high-availability, enterprise web solutions in Drupal 7 or 8
• Ability to architect enterprise Drupal solutions including data, display, and information architecture
• Advanced site-building experience including deep familiarity with Drupal modules such as CTools, Views, and Panels, and experience creating custom Drupal modules
• Knowledge of the Drupal theme layer, PHP, PHP files and theme functions
• Experience deploying, configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining applications in a Linux environment
• Experience with code versioning and social coding best practices using tools such as GitHub.
• Diverse technical experience beyond Drupal
• Experience integrating API-based data services into a Drupal site, including experience with data representations such as JSON and XML
• Experience improving visibility of websites
I. POSITION INFORMATION
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom College/School/Department: Human Resources Family Sub-Family Stream Level Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 8 Work Schedule: TBD Position Designation: Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Is this an internal posting? No Position Type: ColonialTemps Posting Number: CT401238-WD Job Open Date: 08/02/2017 Job Close Date: Open Until Filled: No Applicant Review Will Commence On: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter