Administrative Associate, Athletics & Recreation
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The George Washington University Department of Athletics and Recreation actively engages our students, our campus community, our alumni, and our fans through the spirit of healthy living and competition. Located in the heart of our nation's capital, this world-class university aspires to have a world-class athletics and recreation program. We are committed to building and sustaining a program that mirrors the overall excellence of the university, by providing students an unparalleled opportunity for achievement and engaging the larger community as we grow and cultivate the next generation of leaders.
Reporting to the Athletic Director, the Administrative Associate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Supports the Office of the Athletic Director. This includes but is not limited to:
- Receives and evaluates incoming requests and calls for the Office of the Athletic Director, delegates to appropriate department/individual, and serves as the central point of contact in facilitating and escalating issues on behalf of the Office of the Athletic Director. Seeks answers and solutions to inquiries and provides guidance to colleagues, the Athletic Director direct reports, and stakeholders as necessary.
- Coordinates the daily administrative activities for the Athletic Director, including calendar management.
- Processes and maintains records of intercollegiate game contracts.
- Organizes regular Senior Staff and Head Coaches meetings. Schedules and coordinates dates and times, venues, attendance, agendas, and facilities. Takes minutes and provides administrative support and follow-up on matters arising from meetings. May plan other events, organizing logistics and ensuring the appropriate distribution of meeting materials to attendees.
- Assists in the preparation of documents and presentations. Edits and proofreads documents and presentations. Drafts letters, memos, minutes, documents, presentations and other applicable university forms. Independently conducts substantive research for reports and presentations. Prepares documentation for Athletic Director signature.
- Oversees the maintenance of appropriate records, files and accounts, instituting or enforcing accountability and confidentiality procedures according to nature of data.
- Coordinates travel arrangements, expense reports, invoices, and reimbursements, preparing and/or overseeing the necessary paperwork required.
The position is based at GW's Foggy Bottom campus in Washington, DC. The incumbent may perform other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Administrative experience supporting senior level individual contributors and/or executives in a high paced environment.
- Experience serving as a resource for senior level leadership
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient computer and office tool operating skills to include printers, copiers, fax machines, and scanners to assist in completing day to day activities.
- Proactive (versus reactive) cognitive skills and actions.
- Familiarity with office budget and financial management skills needed to support a busy office.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom College/School/Department: Athletics and Recreation Family Administration Sub-Family Administrative / Operations Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 1 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40+ Work Schedule: Monday – Friday; 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to gain a better understanding of your experience, the professional experience section of your resume must include months in addition to years. For example, instead of “2014 – 2015,” it should include “April 2014 – January 2015” or similar information.Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006581 Job Open Date: 08/10/2017 Job Close Date: 08/14/2017 If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Does the professional experience section of your resume include months?
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your salary range expectation?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter