Faculty Position in Accounting
Open date: August 10th, 2017
Last review date: January 31st, 2018
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: June 30th, 2018
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Faculty Position in Accounting
The Paul Merage School of Business at the University of California, Irvine is seeking candidates to fill one position as a tenure-track Assistant Professor in Accounting to begin as early as July 1, 2018. We will consider candidates in all areas, although preference may be given to those whose research and/or teaching is in the area of tax or financial accounting.
We seek applicants with a Ph.D. in a relevant discipline, and the Ph.D. must be completed by the start of the academic year 2018. All candidates should have a demonstrated interest in and capacity to do research publishable in top-tier academic accounting journals as well as a commitment for teaching excellence. Salary will be competitive.
To learn more about UC Irvine and The Paul Merage School of Business, please visit:
For a listing of faculty positions at The Paul Merage School of Business, please log onto UC Irvine's RECRUIT at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/.
For the tenure-track Assistant Professor in Accounting, please apply at:
Applicants must complete an online application profile and upload the following application materials electronically to be considered for the position:
(1) curriculum vitae;
(2) a brief research and teaching statement;
(3) a separate statement that addresses past and/or potential contributions to diversity, equity and inclusion must also be included in the application materials;
(4) three letters of recommendation;
(5) samples of scholarly writing;
(6) teaching evaluations, if any;
(7) any additional publications and/or working papers.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, although first consideration will be given to completed applications received by December 1, 2017.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact:
The Paul Merage School of Business
University of California, Irvine
Irvine, CA 92697-3130
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy. A recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity, UCI is responsive to the needs of dual career couples, supports work-life balance through an array of family-friendly policies, and is dedicated to broadening participation in higher education.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Statement of Research - Required for final consideration (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching - Required for final consideration (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Samples of Scholarly Writing - Required for final consideration (Optional)
- Teaching Evaluations - Required for final consideration (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
3-8 letters of reference required
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now