Assistant Corporate Support Director - Illinois Public Media (A1700498)
Assistant Corporate Support Director
Illinois Public Media
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Illinois Public Media at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Illinois seeks an Assistant Corporate Support Director. The Assistant Corporate Support Director reports directly to the Director of Development and is a member of the Development Department and works closely with other development department staff as well as with WILL radio, television and web staffs.
The Assistant Corporate Support Director helps create, implement, evaluate corporate support fundraising activities for Illinois Public Media, and is primarily responsible for acquiring and stewarding gifts from local businesses. Working in tandem with Major Gifts Director and with general supervision of Development Director, the Assistant Director of Corporate Support develops prospect lists, makes underwriting sales calls, and stewards the gifts of underwriters, online and Patterns advertisers, event sponsors and Business Friends.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Researches potential underwriting clients and develops prospective donors for general support and specific projects.
2. Contacts underwriting and advertising prospects to arrange appointments.
3. Meets with prospects, develops and presents proposals, and follows up to complete the agreement.
4. Develops stewardship plans/activities for current corporate supporters and creates plans to renewal annual corporate sponsorships.
5. Submits accurate orders to operations and traffic for execution.
6. Monitors underwriting announcements online and Patterns advertising, etc. for accuracy. Works with operations and traffic to ensure contracts run as agreed by IPM and underwriter.
7. Monitors underwriting billing and invoicing, in tandem with Operations and IPM Development.
8. Manages other corporate support projects as assigned.
9. Participates in on-air fundraising activities, community outreach projects, and marketing activities on behalf of WILL AM-FM-TV-Online.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications
Baccalaureate degree, preferably in communications, business, marketing, or related areas.
1. Two years successful work experience in business environment in direct sales or marketing, or in fundraising in non-profit sector.
2. Well-developed personal sales skills.
3. Strong oral and written communication skills.
4. Well-developed interpersonal skills: ability to listen, learn, tailor approach.
5. Ability to project mature, pleasant, dynamic personality in all relationships with public.
6. Personal computer skills; information retrieval skills.
7. Understanding of and commitment to the goals of public broadcasting.
8. Ability to drive, preferably use own car for business calls.
9. Self-motivation, initiative, energy, enthusiasm, a positive attitude.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Lync, Word and Excel. Will train employee in use of traffic software used by IPM.
Knowledge of basic sales and customer service techniques.
Knowledge and enthusiasm for public media programs and projects.
To ensure full consideration, complete applications must be submitted by August 24, 2017. The committee may begin reviewing applications before the close date but no decision will be made until after the close date. Please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter describing qualifications for the position, current resume and the names and contact information for three professional references. For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Annetta Allison (217) 265-7648 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a full-time, 12-month academic professional appointment with a start date as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications. The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: College of Media/IPM
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Assistant Corporate Support Director - Illinois Public Media (A1700498)
Open Date: 08/10/2017
Close Date: 08/24/2017
Organization Name: IPM Administration:General