Academic Program Manager - Department of Crop Sciences (A1700497)
Academic Program Manager
College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
The Department of Crop Sciences at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign seeks applicants for the position of Academic Program Manager. The Department of Crop Sciences is a nationally-ranked plant sciences program with a rich history and exceptional academic reputation. The mission of the Crop Sciences Department is to educate new generations to advance agriculture and develop future leaders to feed and fuel the world. The Academic Program Manager's primary function will be to manage all departmental functions related to curriculum and the overall undergraduate experience in the Department of Crop Sciences.
Manages all departmental functions related to curriculum and the overall undergraduate experience
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the College of ACES Office of Academic Programs (OAP) while working with the Undergraduate Program Coordinator, Graduate Program Coordinator, Online Coordinator, Undergraduate Recruiter and teaching faculty in the management and development of undergraduate and graduate curriculum, and implementing curriculum revisions.
- Work closely with the Undergraduate Recruiter and the OAP in the College of ACES in communicating a consistent message regarding curriculum, recruiting and retention strategy, scholarships, experiential learning opportunities and overall management of the undergraduate program.
- Serve as undergraduate advisor for underclassmen collaborating with OAP in the College of ACES and faculty to actively encourage high quality student advising and participation in value added undergraduate programs at both the departmental and College levels. Manage upperclassmen advising assignments for faculty. Coordinate advising efforts to ensure consistency.
- Manage all administrative aspects of the new student summer registration; including communicating with new students, creating advising plans, and assisting with student registration.
- Create, organize and communicate the class schedule for both on-campus and online courses.
- Coordinate Department, faculty and teaching assistants assessment efforts.
- Manage the Undergraduate internship program. Provide reporting and survey results to the Undergraduate Program Coordinator.
- Manage the Departmental teaching assistant appointments. Registering graduate students for English Proficiency Interviews and teaching assistant orientation.
- Coordinate activities along with the Undergraduate Recruiter to foster under graduate student retention.
- Manage the undergraduate scholarship process. Interact with the departmental Undergraduate Scholarship Committee.
- Hiring, training and daily supervision of student or extra-help employees.
Required: Bachelor's degree is required.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree in an agricultural related discipline.
Required: Experience working in higher education specifically with undergraduate/graduate students and faculty in the areas of admissions and advising.
Preferred: Experience training and supervising staff.
Required: Interpersonal skills are critical in this position as this individual will be expected to work well with faculty, administrative personnel, staff, and students. Strong communication, organizational planning and management skills
This is a 12-month, 100% academic professional position.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience
PROPOSED STARTING DATE
This position is available as soon as possible after the closing date. Application materials may be reviewed prior to the close date and will continue until the most qualified candidate is identified.
Please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter indicating your qualifications, resume and contact information for three references by August 31, 2017. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Linda Kemplin, email@example.com. You may also visit http://cropsci.illinois.edu for additional information.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: ACES
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Academic Program Manager - Department of Crop Sciences (A1700497)
Open Date: 08/10/2017
Close Date: 08/31/2017
Organization Name: Crop Sciences