Assistant Director Video Services - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (A1700494)
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
University of Illinois
Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
POSITION: Assistant Director of Video Services, Broadcast Display. 12 Month service basis, 100% Academic Professional Appointment
Direct, oversee and administer broadcast technological practices and application within the scope of live event production.
1. Serve as the main contact for State Farm Center LED event display. This includes all promotional graphic and animation needed for non-athletic State Farm Center LED displays.
2. Capture, create, control, maintain and produce video scoreboard graphics, features and activities displayed during home games where there is a LED display.
3. Work with the Associate Director of Video Services Broadcast Technology on coordinating live event presentation and live event protocol.
4. Troubleshoot any problems that may occur with video equipment and report it to the Director of Video Services or Associate Director of Video Services Broadcast Technology.
5. Assist with directing and administering all duties and responsibilities regarding part time video assistants and intern staff, including coordinating schedules, assign, and evaluate work.
6. Work in collaboration with DIA staff to create marking, publicity, highlight, banquet and other features videos
7. Ability to work long hours, nights and weekends.
8. Maintain knowledge of and compliance with, specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institution rules that relate to this position.
Bachelor's degree in communications, broadcast journalism, computer technology, creative services, motion graphics, graphic design, social media or a related field
Master's degree in same fields of study
• Two to four years' experience in live television or comparable experience in athletic video board operation
• Production and direction at a professional or collegiate program
• Minimum three years editing experience in linear and non-linear formats
• Ability to meet short deadlines
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro a must)
• Strong knowledge experience with, 3D suite (Cinema 4D, or Autodesk Flame, Smoke or Maya) and other motion graphics software preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a team-orientated and fast-paced environment
• Click effects Blaze or Daktronics Show controller a must
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
As soon as possible after closing date
To receive full consideration, application materials must be received by August 24, 2017. Applications not submitted through https://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. Candidate must upload a letter of application, resume and names of three references. For further information regarding application procedures, contact: Derryl Myles, firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews may take place prior to closing date. All applications will be given full consideration.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Assistant Director Video Services - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (A1700494)
Open Date: 08/10/2017
Close Date: 08/24/2017
Organization Name: Intercollegiate Athletics