Undergraduate Recruiter - Crop Sciences (A1700496)
College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
The Department of Crop Sciences at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign seeks applicants for the position of Undergraduate Recruiter. The Department of Crop Sciences is a nationally-ranked plant sciences program with a rich history and exceptional academic reputation. The mission of the Crop Sciences Department is to educate future generations to advance agriculture and develop future leaders to fees and fuel the world. The Undergraduate Recruiter's primary function will be to develop and implement a cohesive recruitment strategy for the Department.
Coordinate undergraduate student recruiting for the Department of Crop Sciences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the College of ACES, Office of Academic Programs (OAP) while working with the Undergraduate Program Coordinator, Academic Program Manager, Visiting Social Media, Marketing, and Communications Coordinator, faculty to provide leadership at the department level to present a cohesive recruitment message to various audiences about the Department of Crop Sciences.
- Work closely with the College of ACES, Office of Academic Programs (OAP) in communicating a consistent message regarding recruiting and retention strategy. The recruiting strategy will include:
- Develop and implement recruiting programs to attract undergraduate students to majors in Crop Sciences and Computer Science + Crop Sciences (CS+CPSC).
- Build relationships with community colleges and attract transfer students to the majors in Crop Sciences and Computer Science + Crop Sciences (CS+CPSC).
- Develop relationships with prospective students and their parents.
- Organize and attend recruiting events, both on and off campus, including but not limited to FFA contests and participate in FFA Award Days, Explore ACES, 4-H Summer Academy, Visit Crop Sciences Days.
Required: Bachelor's degree
Preferred: Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or an agricultural related discipline.
Required: Experience related to student recruitment, admission counseling, program development, or similar areas in an academic setting
Preferred: Experience training and supervising staff.
Required: Knowledge of marketing/communication strategies associated with identifying and attracting varied demographics to the Department; excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills: the ability to develop effective recruiting strategies and to assess the efficiency of those strategies and being willing and able to adapt such strategies for maximum effectiveness.
Preferred: Knowledge of agriculture
This is a 12-month, 100% academic professional position.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience
PROPOSED STARTING DATE
This position is available as soon as possible after the closing date. Application materials may be reviewed prior to the close date and will continue until the most qualified candidate is identified.
Please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter indicating your qualifications, resume and contact information for three references by August 31, 2017. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Linda Kemplin, firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit http://cropsci.illinois.edu for additional information.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: ACES
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Undergraduate Recruiter - Crop Sciences (A1700496)
Open Date: 08/10/2017
Close Date: 08/31/2017
Organization Name: Crop Sciences