ANALYST, IT, SR (Service Manager)
ANALYST, IT, SR (Service Manager)
This position serves as a service manager, supporting service implementation and operational integration for collaborative tools (i.e., Jabber, WebEx, etc.) in Duke's central IT organization. The service manager will work with the service owner and technical owner to manage the end-to-end lifecycle of one or more services across multiple Duke-IT divisions and units. The purpose of this position is to increase the support for new and expanding IT services and to ensure services are managed reliably, efficiently and continue to support the mission and business needs of the University.
This position reports to Director of Projects, Service Adoption, Communications & Engagement and will work closely with OIT and distributed IT unit management, operational departments, service owners, systems administrators and support functions. This position will support other service management and IT activities as necessary.
The ideal applicant will have demonstrated relevant experience in one or more information technology domains, including commercial and open source software, telecommunications, web-based solutions, or other technology-oriented experience. Knowledge of higher education and particularly university business functions desired but not required.
DUTIES & WORK PERFORMED:
In general, a Service Manager is expected to:
· Have a "big picture" view of a service and how it fits into the OIT service portfolio and Duke's Information Technology strategy.
· Understand the needs of customers and work closely with OIT teams to support those needs.
· Collect and assess information on needs, trends, and performance, which is used to maintain, enhance, change, or retire services as appropriate in the service lifecycle.
· Keep the Service / Functional Owner and leadership apprised of key issues including challenges, financial health, service interruptions, opportunities, enhancements, etc.
· Serve as the escalation point person for resolution of major service outages.
· Collect, maintain, and report on service metrics, and monitor service level targets.
· Draft, maintain, and update service assessment quarterly as needed).
· Identify and communicate significant budget variances to the Service / Functional Owner in a timely fashion.
In coordination with the Service / Functional Owner, a Service Manager is expected to:
· Make decisions and recommendations to sustain and improve the service.
· Work with OIT Finance, Customer Support, and other IT staff to ensure a balance among financial, customer, and technical needs.
· Update Service Catalog entries (if the service is listed in the Catalog).
· Assist with negotiations related to vendor contracts and maintain vendor relationships.
- Develop the service roadmap, strategy and approach, including defining the goals and benefits that will be delivered.
Serve as the voice of the user community
- Act as liaison among various computing groups to ensure openness, sharing, and collaboration at all relevant levels. Work with groups on campus to help give their innovations presence and help incubate their ideas. Work to get buy-in from stakeholders on relevant projects to ensure sustainability.
- Collect, analyze and react to customer satisfaction surveys and research
- Responsible for user experience and adoption of the service offering
- Responsible for all customer feedback mechanisms
- Communicate with stakeholders across the university to build endorsement and to solicit input to improve the service.
Maintain service offering
- Act as or delegate role of subject matter expert (SME) for the offering and has a thorough understanding of the service offering, including major components, workflows, dependencies and costs. Act as the SME or liaison for SMEs when they are distributed.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting on operational metrics and service level agreements.
- Responsible for compliance - security and accessibility.
- Coordinate resources and escalate gaps to the Service / Functional Owner.
- Responsible for all workflows.
- Maintain team members and queue managers for the assignment group in Service Now.
- Responsible for marketing, training and knowledge.
- Must have strong planning, organizational, and communication skills (verbal, written and presentation); including the ability to successfully communicate and collaborate within teams of peers and with a wide variety of customer stakeholders of various backgrounds and organizational levels.
- Possess strong interviewing, listening and facilitation skills to engage with stakeholders to fully understand their business needs and requirements in a constrained period of time.
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment and possess the ability to handle multiple concurrent activities while remaining flexible and projecting a positive attitude.
CENTRAL ADMIN MANAGEMENT CTR
2426 ANALYST, IT, SR
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
The most qualified candidates will exhibit demonstrated ability or experience in the following areas:
- Demonstrated capability in using requirement, project management and service management skills and experience to improve on-time delivery, customer satisfaction or development cost of multiple solutions, ideally in the information technology area.
- Broad-ranging understanding of IT services, applications and solutions at a level sufficient to successfully engage with IT developers and other professionals.
- Strong understanding of project management concepts sufficient to serve as an additional project management resource in one-off activities. Familiarity with industry best practices associated with IT service management, project management, and software development lifecycle methodologies is a plus.
BA or BS with 5 - 7 years of experience as a business analyst or requirements analyst, or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
Educational or professional experience working in an IT-related field preferred.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.