Duties: Penn Law is one of the nation's oldest and most distinguished law schools. The Gittis Center for Clinical Legal Studies is the in-house teaching law firm representing clients on a pro bono basis. One of the nation's first centers for clinical studies in the law, the Gittis Center is renowned for its innovative and diverse opportunities for clinical legal education.
The Administrative Coordinator primarily is responsible for providing a high level of administrative support to student attorneys and clinic faculty on a daily basis in the course of their client representation. The Administrative Coordinator trains students in office policies/procedures, good file maintenance and the use of legal software/technology. He/she works closely as a well functioning team with other clinic administrative staff members to answer telephones, greet visitors, photocopy, retrieve and scan incoming and outgoing mail, gather student weekly timesheets, coordinate simulations and other recordings of client meetings, sets up Skype calls, completes special projects, etc.
Qualifications: A Bachelor's Degree and 3 years to 5 years of experience (preferably in a law firm, legal services organization, corporate law department or other legal environment), or equivalent combination of education and experience is strongly preferred. HS and 5-7 years experience required. Spanish language fluency is not required, but is a plus.
* Possesses very strong technology skills especially within the Microsoft Office Suite and embraces learning new software. Experience in iManage (FileSite) or a similar legal document management or case management program is a plus.
* Possesses excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
* Must be reliable, have a strong work ethic and bring initiative and enthusiasm to his/her work.
* Enjoys working in a fast paced environment, is able to multi-task and operates successfully under pressure.
* Works well independently, but also is able to work collaboratively within the department and with colleagues in the law school, and also outside partners.
* Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills are a necessity.
* Understands, observes, and models for students all professional obligations, including client confidentiality.
Reference Number: 56-26614
Salary Grade: 025
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Org: Law School Clinical Programs
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: X-Secretarial/Administrative