Graduate Assistant - HSDA (Fall 2017)
Graduate Assistant - HSDA (Fall 2017)
Position Number: New
Benefits Eligible: No
Campus Location: Gainesville
Job Close Date: 09/07/2017
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Graduate Assistant in the Human Services Delivery and Administration (HSDA) program. The Graduate Assistant for HSDA will assist faculty teaching Information and Data Management on the Gainesville campus, and assist HSDA faculty as assigned by the Department Head. This position will include a tuition waiver and hourly pay rate.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Graduate Assistant will:
- Assist with course preparation, which involves reading the work assigned to students so as to be able to answer questions asked by students. Will also prepare at least one (1) lecture and teach at least one (1) class during the semester.
- Assist with mentoring students on an individual basis as needed by answering student's questions in class, after class or during office hours. May involve tutoring on content or providing advice about the discipline of history.
- Assist with delivery of content and general course instruction under the supervision of an assigned faculty member.
- Assist with the assessment of student learning. The GA will grade half of all assignments submitted by students using criteria (rubric) established by the faculty member.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have general knowledge of HSDA
- Must have office and communication skills
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Candidates must be accepted into and in good standing in the Master of Science in HSDA at UNG
- Experience teaching or preparing courses preferred but no required
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.