Technical Support Specialist
User Services provides a central source of support for all Saint Leo University customers and users of information technology resources. User Services is staffed by Technology Support Specialists who provide the first line of technical assistance to our customers. The Technology Support Specialist requires a strong knowledge of incident management software and process related to intake, escalation, documentation, and closure of incidents.
- Responsible for receiving and creating Help Desk incidents.
- Manage incident queues and escalate incidents to appropriate technical teams.
- Support university students, staff, and faculty accessing university online classrooms, email, and university portal.
- Provide first level assistance to university faculty, staff, and students for Windows and Mac OS environments.
- Installs and maintains PC and printer hardware and software, performs routine maintenance and applies vendor updates to software.
- Serves as contact for remote locations to obtain clarification of problems and to identify solutions or corrective actions.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent telephone communication and customer service skills.
- Client/server enterprise infrastructures.
- Personal computer software applications, e.g. Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, etc.
- Networking, LANs, WANs, routers, gateways. Networking architecture: TCP/IP, Internet.
- General distributed hardware: printers, scanners and PC based peripherals.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate's degree from a regionally accredited college or university; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Support certification or two (2) or more years of progressively responsible experience and/or any equivalent combination of education and experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- CompTIA A+ Certification preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Job ID 2017-1536
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo