Department Office Support III
Requisition # 2017-7869
Department Oper Res and Financial Eng
Category Administrative Support
Date Posted 8/10/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline ..
The Department of Operations Research & Financial Engineering (ORFE) is seeking a motivated, organized, and resourceful individual to provide high-level, comprehensive administrative support to faculty, their respective research groups and department administrative staff as needed. The ideal candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills; maintain the highest quality of professionalism, and work well with others and independently.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to faculty members assigned and their respective research staff
- Manage and prepare travel and expense reports for faculty using Concur
- Prepare travel arrangements and reimbursements for department guests
- Reconcile faculty expense and sponsored research accounts monthly
- Process vendor invoices
- Assist with purchasing materials and supplies for department
- Maintain a consistent inventory of office and kitchen supplies. Replenishes supplies and ensures items are well-stocked and in neat and clean working order.
- Receives, sorts and distributes incoming mail and deliveries, and support toner recycling program.
- Provide backup support to administrative offices in the department during peak times throughout the year
- Must develop knowledge of the university's business and financial policies and procedures to serve as a resource for general questions from the faculty supported and research groups
- Special projects as assigned by manager
- Four years of related administrative experience which includes responsibility for financial transactions
- High level of proficiency with computers and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal customer relations, oral and written communications, organization, and problem solving skills.
- Individual must have the demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Administrative experience in academic setting
- Knowledge of Princeton University business applications
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.