Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Pediatrics - Section of
Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition
Professional Research Assistant-Part-Time 50%
Position # 737062 - Requisition # 10625
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
Nature of Work:
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition is looking to fill 0.50 FTE position. The research assistant position will focus on investigator support of clinical studies involving pediatric endoscopic procedures and gastrointestinal diseases such as eosinophilic esophagitis. This individual will support such studies, recruit patients, maintain local and national databases, and help prepare and develop IRB protocols. The investigator is looking for an individual who is driven, well organized, excellent in computer databases, has knowledge of or able to learn computer programs such as REDCap, EPIC, and Microsoft Excel, and has fantastic interpersonal skills.
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition is looking to fill 0.50 FTE position. The research assistant position will focus on investigator support of clinical studies involving pediatric endoscopic procedures and gastrointestinal diseases such as eosinophilic esophagitis. The investigator is looking for a driven individual who is well organized, excellent in computer databases, has knowledge of medical record programs or quick tot learn new computer skills, program, and has fantastic interpersonal skills.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Managing CEGIR (Consortium of Eosinophilic Gastrointestinal Disease Researchers) Grant/NIH Database for Research Study involving transnasal endoscopy (TNE) in Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Maintaining accurate paper and electronic research records for the above or other studies and secure them in a HIPAA compliant manner.
- Recruit subjects for research studies through phone or patient interaction. Prepare patient recruitment materials.
- Assuring proper documentation of research studies including assisting in consent methods as outlined by CEGIR and NIH organizations
- Interview subjects and being recorded for interview phases of study
- Submitting documentation to institutional review boards at University of Colorado or other Universities/Research Institutions
- Assist in preparation of manuscript associated with investigator driven research studies including submission or editing.
- Transporting human biological materials that may include biopsy specimens to laboratory.
- Utilization of research electronic medical record.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
Condition of Employment:
- Must successfully pass a drug test through Children's Hospital Colorado
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal background check
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good computer skills and comfortable in managing cloud based databases and on site databases
- Knowledge of microsoft word, excel, and powerpoint.
- Enthusiasm to learn about pediatric research, pediatric gastroenterology, and endoscopy. Excited about interaction with children and families. Desire to have an enjoyable time at work.
- Background in customer service and family oriented services would be beneficial
- MS in biology or related field
- Two or more years' experience with Microsoft office (power point, excel)
- Two or more years' experience in a research laboratory
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is $24,000 and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 10625
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.