West Regional Training Coordinator
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine Department of Pediatrics, Kempe Center for Prevention & Treatment of Child Abuse and Neglect
West Regional Training Coordinator (Business Services Principal Professional)
Position #2769 - Requisition 10683
The Kempe Center has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) West Regional Training Coordinator (Business Services Principal Professional) position.
NOTE: This position will located in RIFLE, CO and will travel throughout the western region of Colorado.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for a West Regional Training Coordinator (Business Services Principal Professional). This full-time University Staff (non-classified) position is responsible for having a solid understanding of their community, including the organizational culture and climate of each of the counties within the assigned region. They will work directly with the project director and the regional training advisory committee to ensure that they have effectively and comprehensively identified the learning needs within their assigned region and will build the necessary relationships to exceed customer expectations.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Assumes ownership for regional success, including establishing, building and maintaining customer relationships across levels.
- Ensures project representation and responsiveness in a manner that anticipates customer needs and cultivates and executes solutions.
- Facilitates on-site training delivery, coaching and technical assistance for the region.
- Recruits contract trainers within the region.
- Collaborates with the other regional training coordinators.
- Facilitates regular Regional Training Advisory Committee (RTAC) meetings and ensure the needs of the region are known and communicated with project leadership.
- Coordinates all trainings within the region including ensuring comprehensive and timely communication and support with training partners, providers, and participants.
- Collects training evaluation data as available and ensure they are used as a resource to measure performance and enhance results.
- Works collaboratively with the course development teams to ensure the most up to date and relevant content is delivered, in the most accessible and usable ways.
- Conducts listening tours and appreciative visits with each county, within region, each year.
- Conducts CQI review on all project and course materials as needed and communicate recommended changes with project leadership.
- Recruits, hires, on-boards, develops, coaches, and leads regional training team.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary range for this position is $55,000-$63,000 and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.jobsatcu.com/hr/postings/true.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Social Work, Education, Behavioral or Social Science or other related field required.
- Two (2) years of experience in direct child welfare practice.
- Two (2) years of experience as a trainer or coach.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a 10 panel drug test.
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a national criminal background check.
- Must possess a current and valid Colorado Driver's License at time of hire.
- Must have and maintain reliable transportation with full vehicle insurance and be willing and able to travel across the state of Colorado for work.
NOTE: This position will located in RIFLE, CO and travel throughout the western region of Colorado will be required at least 30% of the time.
- Master's degree from an accredited institution in Social Work, Psychology, Education, or a related field.
- Professional Coaches training and/or certification.
- Two (2) or more years of experience in direct child welfare practice.
- Experience developing curricula.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated capacity to model culturally inclusive interactions and communication skills in cross-cultural situations required.
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with all statutory training requirements.
- Demonstrated highly-skilled collaboration with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Ability to facilitate strengths-based, solution focused thinking, language, and interactions.
- Exemplified excellence with verbal and written communications.
- Demonstrated keen ability to manage multiple, competing, high-priority tasks.
- Ability to effectively manage process, personnel, and product development as required to achieve project outcomes.
- Ability to provide coaching services with stakeholders and customers.
- Demonstrated ability for critical thinking, multi-tasking, and working diligently in an autonomous work environment.
- Ability to assess and respond the needs of county customers and to build the skills required for a competent child welfare workforce.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Kasey Matz at email@example.com.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20932 - SOM-PEDS Kempe-GenOps
Posting Date: Aug 10, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kasey Matz
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00002769