FOH Dining Attendant
This position exists to complete assigned tasks that provide operational support to FOH and BOH dining service operations, practicing safe food handling techniques, following standardized operating procedures, all while offering excellent customer service in a team-driven and supported environment.
Who we are:
Housing & Dining Services, Campus Dining Services exists to provide 3.3 million meals per year for the students, staff, faculty and guests of the university. Campus Dining Services is comprised of Residential Dining Halls, Catering and Retail outlets which operate year round. Campus Dining leads the industry with superior quality food and exceptional dining experiences. We continue to expand our sustainability initiatives and reduce our carbon footprint in our daily operations, including efforts in resource recovery, conservation and food sourcing. We are committed to providing options and information to all of our guests with dietary restrictions and allergens, including vegan, vegetarian, kosher and Halal choices, supported by a strong allergen awareness program called A9 ® Identified.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Front of House Production
- Set up and tends to drink, service lines, dish rooms, dining rooms and courtesy stands
- Stocks and replenishes service ware
- Follows all sustainability and recycling procedures
- Sanitize high contact surfaces
- Follows set food safety standards
- Follows all A9 labeling and ParTech procedures
- Cleans seating areas, furniture, floors and fixtures
- Attends dish room
- Serves on the food safety response team and responds to all food safety emergencies as appropriate to the work assignment. If a work cell phone is provided, a response call must be within an hour of the original call and/or message
Back of House Production
- Preps and assembles ingredients for recipes
- Prepares entrees, starches, vegetables, and soups from raw state
- Utilizes a variety of equipment and cooking technique as appropriate
- Cleans prep areas, equipment and dishes following proper sanitation methods
- Assists with setup, maintenance and breakdown of production and service areas
- Provides excellent customer service
- Empowers others to make decisions in areas within their span of control
- Trains new staff members, both full time and student employees
- Follows CDS uniform guidelines and personnel hygiene standards
What you should know:
- This is an essential services position. This position will be required to work nights and weekends as scheduled. This position will be required to obtain current ServSafe certification within 6 months of hire if not certified and will be expected to remain certified for the duration of employment.
- There is more than vacancy available and this position might require a candidate to work in the Back of House and/or Front of House. This will be determined upon hire.
- This position will require the candidate to pass a pre-employment physical.
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $12.36 per hour or $25,716 per year. The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be collaborative. Be open. Be supportive. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- 6 months dining services experience appropriate to the work assignment
- Servsafe certified and or certificate appropriate for the position level or the ability to obtain Servsafe certification or certificate appropriate to position level within 6 months of hire
- Must possess appropriate Servsafe certification or certificate appropriate to position level for the duration of employment with CDS
What you will need:
- Excellent communication skills
What we'd like you to have:
- One year dining services work experience appropriate to the assignment
- One year of customer service experience
- ServSafe certified
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by 11:59PM on August 13, 2017
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-Job Number.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10391 - Housing-Administration
Posting Date: Aug 10, 2017
Closing Date: Aug 13, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00735342