Health Behavior & Health Systems - 303500
The UNTHSC Department of Health Behavior and Health Systems' goal is to help students develop the expertise to effectively engage communities and health systems in improving policy, management, and public health practice. Our graduates assume positions in healthcare, business, human services, research, and academic settings. Our masters and doctoral programs are delivered by experienced faculty who use engaging, innovative teaching methods. HBHS faculty are also widely recognized for their impactful research. Their work has been funded by the National Institutes of Health, Centers for Disease Control, National Science Foundation, and many other national, state and local agencies. Faculty are widely published in the areas of patient safety, disease control, health disparities and under served populations, women's and children's health, participatory research, substance abuse prevention, and online/m-health interventions. HBHS faculty have received national and international awards for their work bridging teaching, research and practice.
The Department of Health Behavior and Health Systems at the University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth is seeking to hire a Health Coach to join our team. The Health Coach may have different functions/tasks during the workday including, but not limited to:
* Conduct monthly visits with participants.
* Help to screen participants for enrollment eligibility, perform interviews, enter data, and update the data management software program.
* Keep a flexible schedule when making appointments with clients. Interviews will be held throughout Tarrant County.
* Follow-up with participants by making phone calls, street tracking, and maintaining updates with other project staff.
* Works as part of a team to deliver monthly intervention sessions to participants who are enrolled in the program.
* Will be fully trained in motivational interviewing, use of a customized health coaching software, as well as the larger study protocol/procedures.
* Able to read the interview data, make logical judgments regarding the validity, clarity, and accurateness of the information being provided.
* Able to maintain accurate record collection.
* Works closely with the rest of the research team, which includes research assistants, project manager, and the principal investigator.
* Plays an important role as, he/she will collect data, provide in-the-field experience, and will help the rest of the team make better decisions about the study. Decisions such as: length of interviews, data processing issues, issues regarding participants, among others may be reviewed by or discussed with the PI during the course of the study.
* Trained on issues regarding sensitive topics such as alcohol/drug use, mental health, and criminal activity, and will be able to manage any emotional discomfort associated with study questions.
* Operate from a strengths-based and client-centered frame of reference.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's degree and one (1) year related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Master's degree in related field
Special Instructions to Applicants
This position may require work to be conducted after-hours and on weekends.
Applicants must submit a cover letter describing their background and experience, a curriculum vitae or resume, and contact information for three references.
Commensurate with Experience
Mon - Fri
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled