Welcome Desk Coordinator (AAIII)
The Welcome Desk Coordinator (AAIII) position serves as a first point of contact for customers visiting Career Services either in person or on the phone. Clients include students, alumni, employers, CU faculty/staff, prospective students, parents and members of the community. This position provides leadership at the front desk, helps to create a warm, friendly environment, and serves to answer questions, make appointments, provide direct support or refer to appropriate services inside or outside the department. In addition, this person will provide training and assistance with the Handshake Recruiting System, Appointment Plus, and MyCUHub (scheduling software) and trouble-shoot issues with these systems. This person also hires, trains, and supervises student assistants who also work the front desk area.
Who we are:
As the bridge between academics and the world of work, Career Services at the University of Colorado Boulder sets new standards in career counseling and employer services, impacting economic and cultural partnerships within Colorado, the nation, and the world.
We offer one-on-one career counseling, industry-specific events and job resources, resume critiques, interview preparation, and a variety of other resources to help get students and alumni ready for life after CU Boulder.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Greet, inform, and direct clients, both in person and on the telephone regarding Career Services and related campus offerings. Clients include students (freshman through doctorate level from all academic fields), alumni, employers, CU faculty/staff, prospective students, parents and members of the community
- Assist with greeting employers for On Campus Interviews
- Schedule and coordinate 5000+ appointments according to exact phone and online procedures based on client needs and advisor expertise and availability. Communicate consistent messaging regarding Career Services' mission (what we do), and how we help students and alumni, and employers
- Approve students and alumni use of various software
- Provide Handshake customer support, including adding faculty/advisors, staff and alumni as needed
- Provide administrative support to internal Career Services colleagues by: screening and transferring phone calls to employer team and other staff; rescheduling appointments for pre-health, alumni and career development advisors; and scheduling rooms in the Center for Community for all Career Services staff
- Maintain thorough knowledge of campus resources and services for referrals
- Maintain clean and welcoming front desk and lobby area. Re-stock supplies as necessary
- Handle problems and provide troubleshooting for clients requesting assistance through emails sent to email@example.com
Supervision, Scheduling of Students
- Manage the hiring and selection process for student front desk assistants
- Provide a strengths-based approach in training, supervising, and developing professional level skills for student assistants
- Manage the front desk student assistant weekly schedule
- Train internal Career Services staff on 3 different types of appointment software: Handshake, MyCUHub, & Appointments Plus, as well as trouble-shoot any issues with these systems
- Manage vocational assessment by ordering, printing results, organizing group processing, taking payment & entering data
- Handle all cash and/or credit card transactions that are used to pay for appointments, assessments, sales of workbooks, credentials files and career related materials
- Accurately prepare cash receipts from previous business day (for currency, checks and credit cards) and deliver to Payroll Coordinator
- Reconcile bank receipts against stored credit card receipts monthly
- Provide back-up to the Client Services Coordinator who orders office supplies
- Maintain smooth distribution of department mail in a timely manner including outgoing packages
- Attend front desk, health profession, and staff meetings
- Consult with Career Advisor Leadership Team on any career advisor/front desk issues (calendar, scheduling, drop-ins, etc.)
- Keep Associate Director abreast of issues
- Update office forms and create closure signs
- Other duties as assigned
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $41,500.00.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be ambitious. Be inclusive. Be visionary. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Must be a current Colorado resident to apply
- Three (3) years of full time equivalent general clerical or administrative experience
- Thirty (30) semester hours may substitute for one year of the required experience. If using an educational substitution, a transcript or proof of degree must be submitted with your application on cu.edu/careers
What you will need:
- Enjoy working with and helping people from diverse backgrounds, all with a positive, outgoing, service-oriented attitude
- Proven attention to detail and accuracy in completing various processes and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to interact in a kind, composed and confident manner when responding to customers (in person, by phone and via email)
- Flexible and comfortable with ambiguity; not flustered by surprises or interruptions
- Quick learner, not afraid of taking on new things
- Time management skills, including an ability to rapidly shift gears and accurately keep track of projects or to-do's that get interrupted, all while maintaining professionalism
What we'd like you to have:
- A Bachelor's Degree
- One year of supervisory experience in which you were responsible for developing other employees
- Scheduling experience
- Experience responding to phone calls and transferring calls using multi-line phones
- One year of experience using online scheduling systems (such as Appointment-Plus, My CU HUB, Handshake, CSO, Simplicity, etc.)
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by August 15, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Click here to view Special Instructions and General Information for Veterans and Classified Staff positions.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
3. DD-214 for veteran applicants.
4. If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-10661. PI99011048
Please do not upload references at this time. Special instructions and information for Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10378 - Career Svcs-Central Office
Posting Date: Aug 10, 2017
Closing Date: Aug 15, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00695062