Summer Programs & Recruitment Coordinator
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
College of Arts & Media
Job Title: Summer Programs & Recruitment Coordinator
Position #717873 - Requisition #10676
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The College of Arts & Media has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Summer Programs & Recruitment Coordinator position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Denver is a public research university serving more than 14,000 students. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 100 highly rated degree programs through eight schools and colleges. In the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers-CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Jobs in this career family provide direct professional support for the teaching and/or educational service mission of the university. Functions include academic advising/counseling, student personnel administration, recruitment and admissions, registration, financial aid, faculty affairs, library services, curriculum administration, and others involving direct support of the educational mission of an academic unit.
Professionals at the intermediate level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.
At the intermediate level, duties may be more limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals.
The Recruitment and Summer Programs Coordinator position is responsible for event management, purchasing, planning, scheduling, student recruitment and assessment functions for the LYNX National Arts & Media Camps produced by the College of Arts & Media. This position will also assist Director of Enrollment Management, Admissions & Summer Camps with College of Arts & Media prospective student recruitment, communication, and admissions.
Examples of work performed:
• Coordinates the management of social media platforms and website - works strategically with the rest of the Outreach and Engagement team
• Works with the Assistant Director of Outreach and Admissions and University Development team to develop, create and implement strategic fundraising efforts
• Visits high schools, college fairs and community event to recruit as needed
• Develops strategies to use available software as a recruitment tool for the summer programs
• Answers and responds to student/parent phone calls/emails
• Meets students and provide them information about the college when they visit
• Updates liability forms as needed and works with the University Risk Management Department
• Manages admission and enrollment, student applications and acceptance agreements
• Arranges student housing, catering, plan meals and field trip transportation
• Develops strategies and platforms to assess and disseminate data successfully
• Assists with tax documents, timesheets, invoices, and payments
• Assists with Summer Camp budget
• Interviews, hires, and trains student counselors
• Participates in grant development and writing process
• Other duties as assigned
Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary range for this position has been established at $48,000 to $50,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree in education, business, public affairs, student services, student affairs, higher education, psychology, sociology, communication or a related field from an accredited institution
- One year of professional level experience in program/project management
A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis, but not for the specific 1 year of experience.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to work some evenings and weekends as well as travel to off-campus sites as needed.
- Must be willing and able to lift, carry, push and/or pull 20-30 lbs of supplies, equipment, etc. when setting up and executing events.
- A Master's Degree in higher education administration or a related area
- Experience working with summer programs, event management, admissions, and/or student affairs
- Experience working with music or the arts
- Experience in a higher education environment
- Ability to work independently, identify and set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Energetic and flexible
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, and the rest of the Microsoft Suite
- Excellent writing skills
Attention to detail.
- Website and social media skills
- Ability to maintain a climate that is collegial, that respects and values diversity, that treats faculty, staff and learners fairly and that is hospitable to creativity and innovation
- An appreciation of the arts
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references)
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by August 31, 2017. Those who do not apply by August 31, 2017 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30121 - CAM-Music & Entertain Inds Stu
Posting Date: Aug 10, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: David Walter
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00717873