Application Programmer Analyst
8AM - 5PM
$74,700 - $89,200
The Application Programmer Analyst for the Student Information Systems will provide development efforts and support for Banner Student Information System. This position will provide development efforts and support for Banner integrated tools such as Banner Workflow, ODS, Cognos and Tableau. Assignments typically require seasoned, current knowledge of languages such as PL/SQL, Grails, Java, CSS, HTML etc.
Demonstrated ability to understand functional needs and how systems can support those needs. Demonstrated ability to develop conversion and system implementation plans.
Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
Demonstrated software repository skills. Demonstrated testing and test planning skills.
Experience with planning for deployment and creation of feedback mechanisms.
Demonstrated ability to interface with management on a regular basis.
Intermediate knowledge of secure software development.
Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
Thorough experience with identification and use of code libraries and open-source forums.
Thorough experience with common programming tools. Demonstrated ability to follow software specifications.
Advanced skills associated with software design, modification, implementation and deployment, including object-oriented programming concepts.
Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated broad problem solving skills.
Demonstrated ability to contribute technical narrative to grant proposals.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview