The Dental Therapist/Sterilization will perform 4-handed chair-side dentistry, produce high quality digital radio-graphic images within a timely manner, and provide sterilization and dispensing. The person in this position will maintain the clinical and radiology areas including cleaning and disinfecting equipment, chairs, cubicles, rooms, and operatories per OSHA and the the College of Dentistry Infection Control Standards.
This position will also provide office and records support including scheduling patients, collecting data, documenting exams and/or procedures, and assist with notes, charges, and treatment plans. The person in this position will undergo mandatory compliance training, immunizations, and TB test; participate in division, department, college, and University educational and professional development training; and maintain certifications.
Radiology Dental Therapist & Technologist
7A007:Dentistry Clinical Affairs & Patient Care
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
CRCST or CBSPD certification, Radiology Safety Certification, EDDA(Expanded Duties Dental Assisting
Sitting or standing for long periods of time.
Monday thru Friday with occasional weekends.
Bi-lingual, excellent communication and customer service skills, organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy, ability to prioritize, radio-graphic imaging, Microsoft Office,, CRCST or CBSPD certification.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Experience with Dental Procedures, instruments, materials, and processes; and experience with digital radio-graphic imaging. Bi-lingual in English and Spanish. Must have CRCST or CBSPD certification or receive certification within 90 days of start date. EDDA (Expanded Duties Dental Assisting) Certification highly preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you currently hold CRCST or CBSPD certification?
- * How many years of experience do you have with 4-handed dental processes?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years
- * Please indicate the number of dentists and/or physicians for which you have been directly responsible for the billing and collections within one practice in your paid work experience.
- 1-3 Providers
- 4-10 Providers
- 11-20 Providers
- 21+ Providers
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter