Assistant/Associate Professor Department of Kinesiology/School of Education
Department of Kinesiology/School of Education
The School of Education is inviting applications and nominations for a full-time, nine-month, tenure-track position in Kinesiology to begin Fall 2018. The position of the faculty will be filled at the Assistant or Associate Professor level with salary depending on qualifications and experience. The successful candidate will teach a variety of courses in the kinesiology discipline. Potential courses might include: Biomechanics; Exercise Physiology; Concepts of Physical Fitness; and/or Social and Psychological Issues of Kinesiology and Sports. St. Edward's University embraces excellence through diversity, and encourages application from members of underrepresented groups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• St. Edward's University is regarded as a teaching institution and regards teaching as central to the mission. The teaching load is a 4-4 (total of 8 courses per academic year). Courses are delivered face-to-face.
• Advise undergraduate students.
• Develop new courses and curriculum as requested.
• Enthusiastic participation in promoting the kinesiology major.
• Meet School and University service requirements through participation on committees.
• Maintain an active program of quality research in the teaching field.
• Maintain commitment to social responsibility in the classroom setting in line with the University's mission.
• Fulfill other required faculty responsibilities as outlined in the St. Edward's University Faculty Manual.
• Earned doctorate required in biomechanics, exercise science, kinesiology, or a related area.
• Demonstrated experience in college level teaching and scholarship required
• Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience with and commitment to working with a diverse population
• Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal history background check is required.
About St. Edward's University:
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is the premier private institution of higher learning in Austin. Enrolling approximately 4,600 students, the university offers approximately 50 academic programs for undergraduates and seven master's degree programs. The St. Edward's community is diverse and cosmopolitan. Students from more than 50 countries are currently enrolled at the university and St. Edward's partners with 21 universities located in 16 countries around the world. The university is committed to preparing students for success in a 21st century world increasingly shaped by globalization, ubiquitous technology and relentless change. Over the last two decades, the university has doubled its enrollment and invested more than $250 million in new campus facilities. US News & World Report has ranked St. Edward's among the top regional universities in the West for 13 consecutive years. Consistent with its Holy Cross heritage, the university maintains a strong focus on issues of social justice.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are invited to submit an application online at: https://stedwards.applicantpro.com/jobs/621189.html
Please send cover letter, curriculum vita, list of references, and both undergrad and graduate transcripts.
A brief summary of Benefits can be found here. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer.