Working Title Secretary Senior
The office of Business & Finance at Eastern Washington University seeks a full time Secretary Senior to provide administrative office support. The Office of Business and Finance is a highly engaged team comprised of the Vice President for Business and Finance, Director of Records Management and Assistant to the Vice President, and the Associate Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. The Office of Business and Finance is determined to positively contribute to achieving the university's mission and strategic goals. We reflect in our daily operations, the University's commitment to a high quality, student centered learning environment. The successful candidate must demonstrate exceptional customer service, perform work independently, and accomplish assignments and projects that are complex in nature.
This position is available now.
On top of salary, the University offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 10 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses.
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
This is an agency shop position.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis form, which describes the physical and mental demands of the position, please contact Vara Lyn Conrath at email@example.com.Required Qualifications:
- High School Graduation or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of relevant full-time work experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- 2 or more years of work demonstrating success in providing customer service and handling communications to a wide variety of customers, such as executives, managers, staff, and other constituents.
- Experience with fiscal recordkeeping, purchasing, budget maintenance, manual and electronic records file maintenance
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Bachelors or higher level degree (any field)
- Experience with updating web pages
- Work experience in Higher Education or Government settings
Other Skills and Abilities: