Assistant to the Associate Vice Chancellor - Financial Services
General Summary of Position:
The Financial Services Department supports the University’s core functions of instruction, research, and community service through stewardship of financial resources. Its role is to provide ethical, efficient, and effective financial and administrative services to students, faculty, staff, and other internal and external stakeholders. The department encompasses the following areas: University Controller, Budget & Financial Planning, Student Financial Services, Cash Management Services, and Procurement Services.
The Assistant to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Financial Services coordinates the flow of activities and information to and from the Associate Vice Chancellor and supports the offices and directors within the unit’s departments.
This position also support the Chief Procurement Officer, encompassing Procurement Services, Accounts Payable, ProCard, Travel, Asset Management and oversight of third party services, including the Riverhawk Shop and food service operations.
1. Provide administrative support to senior/director level staff:
- Manage calendar, workflow, filing and contacts
- Monitor and reconcile use of all department ProCards, including own
- Compose, prepare, review, and edit meeting minutes, correspondence, mass emails, newsletters, documents and program materials, some of a confidential nature
- Participate on University committees as appropriate
- Provide back-up timesheet entry as needed
- Special projects as assigned, such as documentation of business processes
- Manage Contract workflow for signatures as requested by CPO
- Monitor and record receipt of revenue based contract payments
2. Oversee department operations:
- Manage the workflow of a full-time administrative support person
- Ensure incoming/outgoing mail is processed on a timely basis according to established procedures
- Greet, direct and provide information to visitors
- Answer incoming Finance & Operations general phone line/cover phones for departments
- Maintain and coordinate efficient organizational systems using both electronic and traditional file techniques
- Maintain supplies and office equipment
- Oversee special projects
- Distribute campus ProCards and checks according to established procedures
3. Provide other administrative support to the departments:
- Manage frequent contacts within the department and across campus departments, public officials, vendors, and other persons outside the university community
- Provide & prepare graphic presentations, reports and analyses
- Prepare purchase orders and process travel reimbursements
- Facilitate, organize, and plan workshops, information sessions, and presentations including catering and room bookings, equipment needs, visitor parking, and confirmations
- Provide training and support for conference room technology
4. Promote the University’s commitment to customer service:
- Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
- Ensure optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
- Maintain an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- HS diploma or GED/equivalent required
- 8-10 years of administrative experience, including at least 1-2 years supporting senior level managers.
**For candidates with a Bachelors degree, administrative experience of 5 or more years will be considered, including the 1-2 years supporting senior level managers
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Software
- Must have a professional demeanor, with a positive disposition and problem solving capabilities
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication, organizational, interpersonal, and collaboration skills as well as the ability to handle a wide variety of details and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to handle confidential materials and information with integrity and discretion
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft Finance and HR modules, PeopleAdmin, SciQuest (Jaggaer), SUMMIT, Tridion and CitiBank OneCard management systems
- Experience in preparing operational/status reports and performing special project assignments
- Ability to be flexible, take initiative, handle multiple complex tasks
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions
- Demonstrated ability to work constructively with a wide range of technical, academic, administrative, and professional people
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines
- Bachelors degree preferred
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.