Lecturer (NTT) - Biological Sciences
The University of Massachusetts Lowell Department of Biological Sciences invites applications for a full-time non-tenure track lecturer position to start in the Spring 2018. The successful candidate will be expected to coordinate and teach courses geared towards Biology majors including sophomore-level Evolution, Ecology & Conservation, freshmen-level Principles of Biology II, and Junior/Senior-level Principles of Ecology Laboratory. The position includes service contributions to the Department and the University. The position is full time for a 9-month academic year including benefits, and is renewable.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Earned doctorate in biology or related discipline (must have at the time of application)
- Evidence of research experience at the postdoctoral level
- Evidence of experience and dedication to teaching at the undergraduate and/or graduate level
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Specific preference will be given to those who have experience teaching biology to biology majors at the undergraduate level
- Previous experience working with a diverse student and faculty population
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a CV, cover letter, teaching philosophy and evidence of teaching. * Names and email addresses of three references will also be required during the application process. The references will be notified and should upload recommendation letters. Only recommendation letters that are uploaded to the system by the referee will be accepted. Emailed or hardcopy letters will not be accepted.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.