Recreation Sports Manager (Club Sports/IM/Kids Kamp)
Recreation Sports Manager (Club Sports/IM/Kids Kamp)
University of San Francisco
Reporting directly to the Director of the Recreational Sports Department, the Recreation Sports Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of RSD sport clubs, intramural sports/leagues and Kids Kamp programming. Responsibilities include participant safety/risk management, staff training, certification compliance for coaches, budget oversight, timely submission of facility requests, creation and management of online registrations, and oversight of all programs. This position must provide strong and effective on-site leadership and guidance to all relevant staff, participants and other stakeholders.
• Responsible for the development, coordination, implementation, and daily operations of all aspects of the intramural sports program, club sports and Kids Kamp.
• Hire, train and supervise all intramural personnel including intramural officials, referees and student intramural employees. Organize and facilitate intramural captains’ meetings and officials’ clinics. Coordinate intramural schedules and activities; be familiar with tournaments (brackets/round robins). Market on campus to increase student engagement.
• Hire, train, supervise and evaluate administrative staff, coaches, officials, and student staff relevant to Sport Clubs. Coordinate club sports program and ensure policies and procedures are met with each club sport; work cooperatively with student representatives and advisers. Purchase equipment and maintain vendor contracts; assist in budget development and/or provide recommendations; supervise daily financial operations and maintain reports.
• Set policy and operating standards for all special events related to IMs, Sport Clubs and Kids Kamp functions (practice, games, tournaments, special events, etc.) including: participant/spectator safety, customer service, staff accountability, programming, member services, budgetary accountability, etc.
• Adhere to and enforce program rules and regulations and program-specific safety policies.
• Ensure that all relevant facilities maintain exceptionally high safety standards to ensure a safe practice and competition environment for all participants. Partner with USF Facilities Management and Risk Management to ensure areas of use are safe, proactively maintained and in good working order
• Hire, train, supervise and evaluate Kids Kamp counselors
• Ensure that Intramurals, Sport Clubs and Kids Kamp programs are managed to the highest quality standards while maintaining strong enrollments and exceptional user and participant satisfaction.
• Manage and determine the facility needs including appropriate scheduling and
• space allocation for IM/Sport Club/Kids Kamp programming.
• Develop, manage and oversee program-specific revenue and operating budgets
• Meet and exceed revenue and performance goals.
• Report as required on performance and variances.
• Manage and oversee program-specific business operations and systems including: staff training/scheduling/payroll, program registration, record maintenance and program-specific communications to participants and staff
• Collaborate with other RSD staff to coordinate and execute an ongoing strategy to market and promote each area of responsibility. Maintain ongoing communication with the Director of Recreational Sports regarding program/facility/staff needs, challenges and successes.
• Evenings and weekends required to provide on-site supervision, coordination, and assessments of Intramurals, Sport Clubs and Kids Kamp programming.
• Model behavior based on RSD working principles and customer service standards.
• Complete all Koret paperwork requirements in a timely manner, including EMS room requests, payroll materials, departmental goals and work plans, budget preparation, tracking materials, catalog copy, employment paperwork, and others as needed.
• Be committed to the mission and goals of USF. Participate in and promote USF events and programs outside of own department.
• Additional duties as required and assigned by the Director of Recreational Sports.
• Minimum of three years full-time senior staff/program/facility management experience in a recreational sports department, parks and recreation or similar professional setting.
• Directly responsible for all event operations including safety standards, staff supervision, facility maintenance, operational and revenue budgeting, business operations, financial performance/oversight and program development/management.
• Knowledge of team sports rules; excellent time-management, problem-solving, and leadership skills; effective written and verbal communication skills; ability to function independently as a member of a diverse team;
• Strong intramural/club sports background
• Experience supervising a complex staff including officials, student staff, professional coaches, instructors, and others as necessary
• Experience in youth programming (ages 5-10 years) including skill instruction/development, staff training protocols, program design, staff scheduling, program assessment and customer service interactions with parents/guardians
• CPR/AED/First Aid certification
• Work schedule includes evenings and weekends as necessary to meet program needs.
• Master’s degree preferred (Bachelor degree required) in relevant fields (Recreation, Sport Management, etc).
• Strong and effective leadership qualities including: excellent written and verbal communications skills, coaching background, supervisory experience, proven ability to develop and inspire a large and diverse team, professional and charismatic presence, self- driven, self concept of personal responsibility and accountability, student-service focused
• Outstanding computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher) and the ability to learn new business software programs (Active Network, Banner, EMS, Drupal, whentowork, Time IPS)
• Experience developing and managing a large operating budget and generating revenue programs.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and possess excellent time management skills.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
For information on how to apply, please visit the following link: www.usfjobs.com
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.