Associate Vice Chancellor, LSC Online #17000618
Associate Vice Chancellor, LSC Online #17000618
Lone Star College- University Park
COMMITMENT TO MISSION:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-System Office, University Park
Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
LSC adds $3.1 billion to the local and regional economy by providing educational opportunities across the north Houston region.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
This position is located at the LSC-System Office, University Park location at 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Associate Vice Chancellor, LSC Online position reports to the Executive Vice Chancellor and provides overall strategic leadership and administration for all aspects of LSC Online through a centralized model. Responsible for strategic planning, development, implementation, and review for quality assurance of online instruction and support services. Works collaboratively with institutional stakeholders to ensure support and success of faculty and students who utilize online learning. The successful candidate should demonstrate a deep working knowledge of the current online learning environment, vision to forecast trends, ability to develop a go to market strategy, comprehensive knowledge of growing channel business and growing online through a corporate college model and internet marketing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide strategic vision and long-term operational leadership for LSC-Online and all related programs and services; actively engages in strategic planning and strategic enrollment management planning and execution
- Raise the system’s local, national and international profile and bring renewed confidence to LSC-Online; serve as institutional lead for growing online programs and develop state-of-the-art practices In conjunction with institutional marketing, campuses and LSC Corporate College develop and implement strategies that effectively and comprehensively market LSC-Online to internal and external markets; serve as thought leader for online innovation to expand process and accessibility of online programming for a virtual high school, homeschool, and online training and development for business and industry Model exemplary leadership behavior; develop and implement annual budgets for LSC-Online and maintain a high performing team committed to collaboration, innovation, communication, continuous improvement, and informed planning Provide oversight for online student services; assure reliable and responsive technology for delivery of courses and training; research and anticipate changes impacting instruction; facilitate online course design and evaluate through regular communication with stakeholders
- Monitor online and video conference courses to ensure quality, ensure that faculty provide a strong, student-focused educational environment through consistent adherence to course rubrics, student competencies, and course pedagogy; lead faculty online certification through the design and delivery of online certifications; work with LSC campuses to assess and determine supports needed to improve quality of online curriculum, evaluation of courses and student readiness for online learning
- Communicate with college instructional deans, student support services and other stakeholders to coordinate support for online faculty, students, and potential students in an attempt to make the entire online education experience more user-friendly, effective, and seamless
- Develop strategic enrollment management strategies to convert prospective students from online chat inquires and other online contacts to enrollees in face-to-face, online or hybrid courses and programs
- Implement and evaluate online orientation to strengthen and continually develop faculty and staff to ensure greater student success, retention and completion
- Identify and research new revenue streams, market academic programs, lead all distance education recruitment and retention efforts, day-to-day operations, and develop and enhance external partnerships to grow and sustain key online initiatives
- Understand and maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to distance learning, including State Authorization, NCSARA, SACSCOC and American with Disabilities Act
- Successful development and management of LSC-Online training and development model (channel marketing) and provide fiscal oversight of all Internet and direct-to-consumer marketing campaign
- Use of data analytics to inform and update stakeholders on progress towards enrollment and retention goals
- Responsible for executing all duties as assigned
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Expertise in online learning technology and design
- Knowledge of the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board guidelines, other relevant statewide coordinating or regulatory bodies, and SACS-COC accreditation guidelines
- Curriculum design and teaching online experience
- Strong problem solving and team building skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify and assure flexible, accessible and comprehensive support services for online learning students
- Ability to display personal initiative and autonomy
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to establish strategy and direction for department
- Ability to promote diversity and maintain a positive attitude in demanding work environment
- Ability to set priorities and handle several tasks simultaneously
- Above average skills in utilization of computer systems to extract and report information
- Ability to display personal initiative and autonomy with the ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstration of entrepreneurial and innovative thinking
Minimal physical effort is required.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Master’s degree and at least 10 years of related work experience, at least 5 years in a management or director-level position or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance.
This includes 22-23 days paid holidays and up to 12 annual vacations days, full comprehensive benefits package, wellness program, professional development opportunities and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
Application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option
to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.