System Admin II, III - SysOps
System Admin II, III - SysOps
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
Performs the installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of Microsoft Windows OS and UNIX and/or Linux OS systems and applications. Sets up user accounts, runs necessary system backups, monitors campus infrastructure, provides technical support and troubleshoots problems. Performs programming and script writing. Understands user and process requirements. Helps support and deliver on Operations Center monitoring, change management, process management, service improvement and communication flow needs throughout IT and the campus community. Fulfills requirements via high-quality deliverables.
This is a Career Ladder position and will be placed at one of the following levels:
Level II: Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field plus one year of experience related to the Summary of Duties OR any combination of education and experience related to the Summary of Duties totaling five years, three of which must be related to administration of enterprise-level IT systems.
Level III: Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field plus three years of experience related to the Summary of Duties OR any combination of education and experience related to the Summary of Duties totaling seven years, four of which must be related to the administration of enterprise-level IT systems.
Also requires successful completion of one current industry recognized certification within the first year of employment that is directly related to the administering and maintaining of enterprise level IT systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge in at least 2 of the following: Linux, MySQL, Apache, XML, Mac OS, Windows OS, and Cisco IOS. * Knowledge and experience with Crystal Reports, Job Submission, Business Objects Server, SQL, PL/SQL, MySQL, SQL Server, and MS Access.
- Knowledge and experience with network component analyzers, scanners, testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits.
- Knowledge and experience working in a customer service, team-oriented, and collaborative environment.
- Skill with scripting languages such as Perl, Power-shell, or Bash.
- Skill with the design, implementation, and maintenance of Active Directory, and/or LDAP directories.
- Skill with various computer applications such as Cisco Prime, Net-flows, Network Management Systems, MRTG, Packet Sniffers, Solar Winds, DNS, DHCP, Syslog, SNMP, spreadsheets, database, internet tools, and performance monitoring tools.
- Skill with TCP/IP, application network protocols, firewall management, operating system configuration, anti-virus software, and relational databases.
- Skill with the installation, configuration, and maintenance of systems hardware including SCSI, RAID, and I/O topology.
- Skill with enterprise-level LAN and Wireless LAN, routers, hubs, switches, access points, radio frequencies, TCP/IP, IEEE 802.11 protocols, and electromagnetic interference.
- Skill with Wireless LAN security threats, and software weaknesses, site surveys/design tools for the purpose of creating efficient and effective Wireless LAN signal overlap, Wireless LAN packet analysis, signal optimization, and mitigation strategies.
- Ability to exercise effective interpersonal, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret technical documentation and procedures pertaining to network systems and application management.
- Ability to think logically, resolve problems, identify tasks, and develop project plans.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and requests based on the organizational goals and objectives.
- Ability to be self-motivated with a strong customer service orientation and a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate technical ideas and concepts to a non-technical audience.
Ability to lift 30 Ibs
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $38,062 - $64,157
Advertisement Number: ST20117
Open Date: 08/09/2017
Review Start Date: 08/15/2017
Close Date: 8/21/2017
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant: Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the “Review Start Date". This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/2382
Utah Valley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/ Equal Access Employer and committed to fostering a diverse workforce. As an inclusive community, we actively seek diversity among our applicants for this position. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are particularly encouraged to apply.