Santa Barbara, CA
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Articulating the mission and value of The Colleges of Law to prospective students while maintaining superior customer service.
- Achieving performance goals for each term by maintaining targeted conversion metrics at each stage of the admissions process on a consistent basis.
- Responding to all new inquiries quickly and maintaining consistent communications with all students throughout the admissions process, including a determined number of outbound calls per day to reach prospective students in a timely manner.
- Building relationships with prospective students by conducting telephone or in-person interviews to qualify them on their educational goals and interests, explaining available academic programs, advising them on admission requirements, and ensuring that all admission paperwork is completed properly. This may also include providing more in-depth counseling for undecided students.
- Conducting recruiting events both on-campus and virtually to recruit students. This will include admission interviews, campus visits and tours, open houses, information sessions, etc.
- Maintain student appointment schedule for prospective students and applicants (scheduled & walk-ins) as needed.
- Providing advisement support including but not limited to, course/program content, registration assistance, evaluation of program requirements, incomplete grades, student class activity, satisfactory academic progress, soft skills training, and overall degree progress.
- Collaborating with various departments such as Academics, Registrar, Student Finance, and Financial aid to ensure that students receive timely information, support, and guidance.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to represent Colleges of Law in a professional manner, recruit, and work within a diverse community, and follow all policies and procedures with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and listening abilities; persuasive and negotiation skills, strong professional writing, public speaking, interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Strong recruitment, sales, and customer service skills combined with a strong work ethic and a goal-oriented, self-motivated approach toward achieving consistent results.
- Leadership, organizational, time management, multi-tasking, and planning capabilities.
- Must be proficient with MS Office suite, customer relationship management systems, and the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- A minimum of 1-2 years admissions or student services experience is required.
- Experience with student information systems and online marketing and recruitment experience highly desired.
- The ability to work evenings and weekends is required.
- Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds, move furniture and be able to physically set up rooms for meetings.
- Valid driver's license and willingness to travel.
The Santa Barbara & Ventura Colleges of Law offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Santa Barbara & Ventura Colleges of Law is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Santa Barbara & Ventura Colleges of Law