Assistant Registrar & Associate Director of Graduate Admissions
Assistant Registrar & Associate Director of Graduate Admissions
Job Number: 75930
Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description
Graduate Admissions in the Office of the University Registrar has an immediate opening for an Assistant Registrar & Associate Director. This position is an integral part of a professional team committed to excellent and proactive service to prospects, applicants, faculty and staff. The position manages the day-to-day admission operations; develops and maintains online applications, prepares training materials and delivers the online evaluation system-training course to all academic department staff, evaluates foreign degrees, collaborates and troubleshoots with Stanford's online application vendor and staff from various university offices.JOB PURPOSE:
Responsible for the coordination and supervision of several functions in the Graduate Admissions University Registrar's office including the day-to-day admission technical and non-technical processes, foreign degree evaluation, planning, coordinating, executing and assessing specific initiatives that support the University graduate admission/enrollment goals through the implementation of technology. Also responsible for planning and providing training/information sessions to campus constituents, admission and enrollment policy guidance to staff/faculty, non-registration and tuition/fee statuses. Position reports to the Senior Associate Registrar & Director Graduate Admissions.CORE DUTIES*:
Contribute to overall unit or functional objectives and priorities; recruit, hire, train, supervise, counsel and evaluate staff. Coordinate the hiring of temporary seasonal staff.
Review exceptions to University admission policies or procedures and independently determine appropriate response to complex issues; contribute to defining process for ongoing exceptions to routine procedures.
Serve as a key policy administrator and establish procedures related to admission and matriculation to ensure admitted students meet University admission policies/requirements and immigration visa compliance.
Lead audit efforts to ensure data integrity.
Lead development of business practices, technology and other changes that may improve workflow and functionality, analyze current and future system needs.
- Collaborate with the online vendor to maintain and update online applications; create and maintain workflows in the supplemental online tool used by admitting departments to evaluate their applicants.
- Prepare and maintain training materials and deliver the online evaluation system-training course to all academic department staff.
Develop appropriate recommendations for the implementation and maintenance of such technology applications, and identify, negotiate and manage relationships with outside vendors.
Collaborate with administrators, deans, faculty, IT to facilitate and improve services to prospective degree seeking and non-degree applicants and incoming students including registration/records policy questions.
Consult and advise admitting department admission staff, faculty and others on issues involving University admission.
Participate and lead University wide campaigns and initiatives, act as backup to the Senior Associate Registrar - Director of Graduate Admissions, serve as a liaison and representative to University community on behalf of the Registrar's office.
* - Other duties may also be assignedMINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
Education & Experience: Bachelor's degree and ve years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Occasionally stand, walk, twist, use fine manipulation, grasp, use a telephone, write by hand, sort and file paperwork, lift, carry, push, and rarely pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.WORK STANDARDS:
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu .Specific Info about the Posting Unit:
Graduate Admissions, Student & Academic Affairs in the Office of the University Registrar provides support to prospective graduate students, staff and faculty in the graduate admitting departments and professional schools through technical processes, guidance on University admission policies and procedures, verification of academic records/degree and matriculation/enrollment authorization.
Experience a culture of excellence.
Stanford University, located in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world.
Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000, which is rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability and promote healthy, fulfilling lives. An award-winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.
Stanford University is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Finalist candidate must successfully pass a pre-employment background check.
Job: Student Services
Location: Vice Provost for Student Affairs
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.