Technical Operations Manager
Technical Operations Manager
Job Number: 75934
Information Technology Systems Business Services
Technical Operations ManagerThe Technical Operations Manager position is a member of the Voice Applications Team. The Voice Application's Team group is part of University IT, Communications Services, the central IT organization for Stanford University. The individual in this position reports directly to the Director of Voice Applications and Services Team. As the Technical Operations Manager for the Voice Application and Services Support Team, this individual will utilize their technical and management expertise to guide and enable a team of senior level staff to successfully and efficiently deliver application solutions to campus. This individual will be responsible for ensuring that the team effectively performs and completely fulfills the operational duties required to support, maintain and improve the many services supported in the team's portfolio. Primary responsibilities include:
- Ensure systems management responsibilities such as monitoring, backup, patching, security, change control are being performed and align with industry best practice
- Manage the day to day operational activities for a team of Voice Subject Matter Experts
- Monitor the Incident queue for tickets and follow up with staff on status and remove obstacles that may be preventing prompt resolution of incidents
- Facilitate and Coordinate conversations and efforts involving diverse teams: system administration, database administration, networking, ITOC
- Responsible for all hardware and software warranties
- Act as the primary Incident Commander for major voice services incidents
- Facilitate and coordinate the activities of the incident response through the ITOC technical audio bridge
- Insure that the appropriate technical resources are engaged towards the resolution of the incident
- Insure that established escalation are being followed in a timely manner
- Coordinate with the Healthcare account team in order to provide timely incident status updates to the hospitals
- Provide the IT Operations Center with escalation plans for all services with a 24x7 profile
- Responsible for the Service Transition Plan from project phase to post deployment phase. Ensure that the deployed release and the resulting service meets customer expectations and that IT operations are in place and capable of supporting the new service.
- Ensure that all equipment (hardware/software) has a valid support contract or is under warranty.
- Develop strategic relationships with the Business Owners responsible for supported services to insure that operational tasks to sustain the service are given the appropriate priority by team members
- Track the performance of operations by collecting and monitoring metrics and ensuring that performance aligns with defined business targets or SLAs. Observe trends that could inform opportunities for process improvement
- Motivate and develop team collaboration opportunities and cultivate cross training of staff for the support incoming applications
- Partner with other support organizations to ensure end-to-end app application functionality
- Manage bench strength to ensure depth in various technologies (current and future); become an expert in some of these yourself
- Work with SMEs to foster train-the-trainer methods for sharing knowledge to others in the team
- Provide continuing training opportunities to develop and grow subject matter experts
- Experience managing and implementing enterprise class applications and systems
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, plus 5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience desired.
- Ability to work comfortably in a systems development environment with concurrent tasks and changing priorities/resources is required.
- Experience supporting applications in an academic environment or experience with our existing portfolio a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively and excel in tasks that involve conflict management, diplomacy, and decision-making.
- Exceptional customer relationship skills, consensus building skills, and ability to establish effective working relationships in a diverse and distributed organization; flexible in adapting to clients' changing needs. Ability to resolve issues of cross- organizational escalation or lines of responsibility; ability to anticipate impact on clients and other stakeholders. Develops and maintains a productive working relationship with project sponsors, key customers, and team members.
- Experience with managing projects involving application evaluation, implementation and upgrades.
- Experience hiring, supervising, coaching and performance management required.
Job: Information Technology Services
Location: Business Affairs: Administrative Systems (IT)
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.