Assistant/Associate Professor in Civil & Environmental Engineering
General Summary of Position:
The Department is seeking to fill one position at the level of Assistant or Associate Professor in Structural Engineering. The expected starting date is September 2018. Candidates from all areas of Structural Engineering will be evaluated on a merit basis. Candidates in the areas of: structural mechanics, concrete and composite materials; computational mechanics; smart materials and structures; structural health monitoring; nondestructive testing and condition assessment; and structural repair and rehabilitation are preferred and encouraged to apply.
A successful candidate's expertise is expected to complement and strengthen existing faculty research and teaching (undergraduate and graduate) in Civil and Environmental Engineering. A successful applicant must demonstrate the potential for creative and independent research that would lead to strong extramurally-funded research. A candidate with a strong publication record and proven success in obtaining external funding, and registration as a Professional Engineer or qualifications to obtain a P.E. registration is preferred. Relevant industrial experience and the interest and commitment to work with diverse student and faculty populations is desired.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelors' Degree in Civil Engineering (preferred) or closely related field
- An earned Doctorate Degree in Civil Engineering in the Structural Engineering discipline or closely related field (must have PhD in hand by the time of appointment (September 2018)
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Demonstrated excellence in research and publication
- Commitment to develop and sustain an externally funded research program
- Dedication to teach undergraduate and graduate levels in Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in Civil Engineering (or the ability to become registered) is preferred and relevant academic experience is desirable
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit required attachments as follows:
- Include a Cover Letter
- Include in CV: Project titles and award amounts of externally funded research projects.
- Include in Teaching Philosophy: Teaching interests and objective.
- Include in Evidence of teaching: syllabus, course description, class evaluation, etc.
- Research Statement
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled; however, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.