Financial Aid Coordinator
Financial Aid Coordinator
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09125
Location: No Response
Address: No Response
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Academic Professional; Salary Level 5, Fulltime, Exempt
Starting Salary Range: $48,122/yr to $83,441/yr. Initial salary placement will normally be at Step 1. Advanced initial salary placement for directly relevant professional, business or industrial experience may be applied fo
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
PCC is looking for a Financial Aid Coordinator who will have specific responsibilities for providing leadership and oversight of PCC's Direct Loan program.
The successful candidate is expected to be capable of addressing regulatory, system, fiscal, and student service issues tied to a program with over $70 million in annual expenditures.
The specific campus location will be determined upon hire and will be based on preference and skill set.
Depending on the candidate hired, additional responsibilities may include:
-Lead of a campus office (RC or SE)
-HRSA Nursing Program
-Staff training and development
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
13.33 hours of Vacation leave per month
1 day of Sick Leave per month
3 additional Personal Leave days per year
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
1. Provide leadership and program management over an assigned area of specialty. Primary area of specialization is Direct Loan Coordinator.
2. Interact with appropriate outside entities in order to facilitate the student eligibility process or to conduct the duties associated with an assigned area of specialization.
3. Participate in the development of institutional financial aid policies and procedures that will positively impact efficiency and quality of service provided.
4. Maintain Banner systems and generate reports pertaining to operation of assigned programs.
5. Utilize professional judgment on an individual basis to adjust a student's eligibility based on documented mitigating circumstances in accordance with federal statutes.
6. Provide financial aid counseling to students and parents regarding all aspects of the financial aid process. Make necessary referrals to other student service offices.
7. Provide support to students experiencing family, personal or economic crises which may impact school performance. Specific focus on working with special needs populations to identify unique needs and coordinate appropriate services.
8. Develop and implement training; Act as lead and provide work assignments to assigned staff. Assist in the evaluation process of assigned staff.
9. Monitor and evaluate satisfactory academic progress of students.
Adjudicate student appeals relating to academic progress.
10. Participate in annual training and professional organizations to keep abreast of new information and program changes to be implemented.
The education and/or work history sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
Satisfactory references and successful completion of the criminal background check are required to meet the minimum qualifications for hire into this position.
In the online application's Education/Employment History sections, include jobs, duties, and dates that display these qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Education, Computer Science, Social Science, or related field. Experience performing the duties of this job may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis.
Demonstrated experience in student financial aid directly related to financial aid counseling, eligibility determination, need analysis, verification, and packaging required. Experience with personal computers and on-line data systems required.
Considerable knowledge of federal financial aid programs and supporting regulations.
Considerable knowledge of Title IV program fund regulations.
Knowledge of U.S. Department of Education rules and regulations.
Knowledge of current tax regulations and the implications of such regulations on financial aid.
Knowledge of effective supervisory methods and techniques.
Knowledge and understanding of default management and cohort default rates.
Skill in researching regulatory information and resolving complex financial questions.
Skill in operating a computer and various supporting software packages.
Skill in computing complex mathematical formulas.
Ability to interpret and explain complex regulations and policies to a diverse audience, bothy in one-on-one sessions and group presentations.
Ability to diffuse difficult, angry, or emotional situations with students and/or parents.
Ability to prioritize and manage a significant case load.
Ability to operate a variety of office equipment.
Ability to interpret and explain complex regulations and policies to a diverse audience, both in one-on-one sessions and in group presentations.
Ability to work independently.
Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form.
-3 years minimum experience working in a financial aid office
-Demonstrable knowledge of all aspects of Direct Loan processing
-Expertise with related Direct Loan regulation and guidance, including SULA
-Experience with analyzing existing financial aid processes and development of new process to improve efficiency and compliance
-High level of proficiency with Banner or comparable ERP/Student Information System software
-Record of success in leadership of professional staff
-Staff development/training experience
-Commitment to advocating for and serving the needs of diverse student populations, preferably in a community college or similar setting
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed online application
2. Cover Letter (attach document)*
3. Current Resume (attach document)*
4.'Other Document, please provide a written statement up to 2 pages detailing how you meet the preferred qualifications for this position.
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
- Initial salary placement will normally be at Step 1. Advanced initial salary placement for directly relevant professional, business or industrial experience may be applied for new Academic Professionals.
- Upon hire candidate will be required to supply official copies of transcripts for all degrees earned.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Faculty/Academic Professional Employees. Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: jobs.pcc.edu
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.