Instructor, Aviation Maintenance Technology - Rock Creek Campus
Instructor, Aviation Maintenance Technology - Rock Creek Campus
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09133
Location: Rock Creek Campus
Address: 17705 NW Springville Road, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: Varies
Position Status: Full-time Faculty
Starting Salary Range: $51,897/yr to $89,991/yr. Step 1 - $51,897; Step 2 - $53,716; Step 3 - $55,596. Hires will normally be at Step 1, Step 2, or Step 3 depending on experience.
Job Close Date: For best consideration apply by September 8, 2017
Portland Community College is seeking a fifth Full Time Faculty for the Aviation Maintenance Technology program. Responsible for lab and lecture in their assigned courses, Faculty are also engaged in collaboration with other program faculty on curriculum development and program quality. We are seeking an experienced, dynamic AMT with a wide variety of civilian aircraft maintenance and teaching experiences and appropriate skills for providing student learning in the classroom and skills development in the Hangar.
The PCC Aviation Maintenance Technology (AMT) Program has a long-standing reputation for excellence, locally and around the world. Our graduates move into careers with a wide variety of aviation companies, engaged as Line Technicians with airlines, as Repair Station technicians and as pilot/mechanic or mechanic specialists with international humanitarian and relief agencies. PCC AMT program faculty and staff help train our students beyond just the minimums.
The Program is an active participant with other FAA Part 147 AMTs in the Aviation Technician Education Council. We actively anticipate the imminent revisions to our governing regulations. The Program is a Preferred Partner School with Delta Airlines' TechOps.
For more regarding the Aviation Maintenance Technology Program, go to our webpage: www.pcc.edu/amt
If this sounds like a community you would like to be a part of, and an important role that you would like to play for PCC, please review the minimum and preferred qualifications listed below, and apply today! Please be sure to describe how you meet each of these qualifications so that we can get to know you and what you can bring to Portland Community College.
Rock Creek Campus is about 12 miles west of downtown Portland, in the growing Beaverton-Hillsboro area. Our classes frequently use the neighboring farm and wetland areas as outdoor learning labs. Rock Creek served 22,280 students in the 2015-16 academic year. Find out more at http://www.pcc.edu/about/locations/rock-creek/.
Here is our intended timeline:
- Best Application Consideration Date: September 8, 2017
- On-Campus Interviews: Tentatively first week of November, 2017
PCC offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options; including Health, Dental and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance, Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
- 1 day of sick leave for every 18 days worked (~10 days/year)
- 21 hours of additional personal leave per year
- 4 paid holidays (which occur during the term you are teaching)
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age; plus tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
For a complete list of PCC benefits, please visit http://www.pcc.edu/hr.benefits
Note to Applicants
This is a full time (1.0 FTE) probationary faculty position commencing December 2017 and is eligible for Continuous Appointment upon third year review. Hours of work may include evening or weekend teaching assignments. Initial assignment will be at the Rock Creek Campus.
More information is available at: http://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/faculty-information.html
Instructor Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Instruct students in Aviation Maintenance Technology using approved course outcome guides developed by college-wide subject area Faculty in accordance with FAA standards; assess student performance in these courses.
2. Attend and participate in college-wide, campus/center division, department, and program meetings and activities.
3. Serve on Subject Area Curriculum Committees and/or such other College committees as may be assigned.
4. Assist in the recruitment of students.
5. Provide registration, advising, and guidance assistance to students.
6. Provide professional assistance to staff and students.
7. Provide information and assistance on College operations as may be requested.
8. Compile and/or research data as may be assigned.
9. Provide services to students in a manner which does not discriminate as to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual preference or martial status.
10. Remain current in the Aviation field and educational issues.
11. Maintain industry and other institutional liaisons.
12. Maintain College safety standards in their work areas; ensure that students are trained in good safety practices; and make reasonable efforts to ensure that students follow good safety practices.
13. Comply with published College Policies and Procedures.
14. Perform other related duties as provided in Faculty Agreement.
- Associate of Applied Science in Aviation Maintenance Technology or other vehicle service field AND a valid FAA Mechanic certificate with both Airframe and Powerplant Ratings*
- Five years experience exercising the privileges of both the Airframe and Powerplant mechanic ratings, OR five years experience teaching at the college level or in an aviation maintenance training department or a combination of experience may be substituted, year for year, for aviation mechanic experience.
- Completed Math 60 or tested into higher than Math 60
- Completed Writing 121 or Writing 227 or demonstrated writing competency with a professional writing sample
- Documented 2 years of supervisory work experience or served in a customer service/support/management position
- Previous teaching experience in a lecture-lab environment, particularly in the field of aviation maintenance technology.
- Recent, diverse civil aviation maintenance industry experience.
- Holder of an Inspection Authorization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including technical writing
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member.
- Bachelor Degree, preferably in aviation, aerospace, or related field
- Demonstrated course development experience.
- Holder of Private Pilot (or higher) certificate
- Teaching or Instructor certificate or degree, especially in aviation.
- International / cross-cultural experience.
- Office/Computer proficiency, including proficiency with presentation/instructional software applications.
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position please submit:
1) Completed online application (please be sure to include complete employment history in either the application or resume/vita)
2) Cover letter specifically stating how you meet each of the qualifications for the position, including preferred qualifications. (Attach document)*
3) Current Resume/Vita (Attach document)*
4) Unofficial transcripts indicating degree award date (clear photocopies accepted)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Notes to Applicants
- After initial screening, applicants selected by the committee for further consideration may be asked to submit additional information. A hands-on skills demonstration may also be required as part of the finalist interviews.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
-Upon hire candidate will be required to supply official copies of transcripts for all degrees earned.
*Academic Transcripts for Faculty Positions - A copy of an academic transcript from an accredited institution of higher education must accompany all applications for faculty positions. The type of degree and date degree awarded must appear on the transcript.
-Non- U.S. degree transcripts are required to be evaluated by a U.S. credential evaluation agency. (see http://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/faculty-information.html)
- Applicants Anticipating Degree Completion by September 1, 2017 - The applicant must supply a letter from his/her university stating that the degree will be granted by that date. This document can be faxed or mailed. Emails are NOT acceptable.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Faculty Federation Employees. Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: jobs.pcc.edu
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
More searches like this
- Arts & Humanities jobs in Community & Government Relations
- Ethnic & Cultural Studies jobs in Community & Government Relations
- Education jobs in Community & Government Relations
- Child Development & Family Studies jobs in Community & Government Relations
- Teacher Education jobs in Community & Government Relations