Job Title Executive Secretary
Provides administrative support to the Department of Health Sciences, and serves as liaison to other university departments and external contacts.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Four years of administrative support experience providing data entry, records/file management, and customer service.
Experience operating a personal computer with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook) software.
Alternative work hours will be assigned, as needed, to provide support to evening and/or weekend classes, committee meetings, and department, college, or university special events.
Experience providing administrative and clerical support in a higher education and/or medical environment.
Knowledge of health professions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of general office procedures.
Excellent interpersonal and teaming skills.
Ability to operate personal computers with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook) software.
Ability to operate in an interactive, culturally diverse group environment.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under stress.
Ability to be creative and resourceful; to coordinate and implement assignments in order to meet deadlines; and assume new responsibilities and carry them out in an effective manner.
Ability to execute daily operations with professionalism and in a courteous manner to all personnel, students, and visitors.
Salary Range $14.37 - $16.04 ($30,000 - $33,500 annually)
Essential Job Duties
•Composes and/or types reports, business letters, and general correspondence. Reviews all work for grammatical and spelling errors.
•Collects and collates department statistics to facilitate report preparation. Produces photocopies and distributes materials.
•Receives, dates, processes, and routes all mail. Screens/routes all telephone calls/faxes, takes complete/accurate messages, and forwards to the appropriate individual. Greets/assists all students and visitors with inquiries and handles/refers to appropriate individual/department in a prompt, courteous, and confidential manner.
•Prepares for department meetings to include, but not limited to, distributes notices of meetings, prepares agendas, records/transcribes, and distributes meeting minutes in a timely manner. Maintains the minute's books.
•Maintains student files and coordinates/tracks information on students enrolled in the programs and the admissions process. Enters prospective students into a database.
•Assists with developing promotional and programmatic marketing materials.
•Assists students and faculty in registering students for courses. Oversees and maintains electronic applications for admission to all programs.
•Coordinates Chair and other appointment calendars as assigned and keeps calendar owners informed of scheduled meetings and appointments. Schedules meetings/conference rooms and ensures the rooms and all materials needed (including refreshments, when appropriate) are readily available.
•Coordinates travel arrangements for faculty, staff, and outside contacts. Prepares itineraries, travel authorization requests, and vouchers for payment. Ensures state policies/procedures have been satisfied.
•Assists with managing the departmental budget. Projects budgetary needs by monitoring expenditures and compiling accurate, understandable budget reports on a regular basis.
•Coordinates purchasing activities by preparing requisitions for equipment, supplies, and service requests. Searches for competitive vendor prices.
•Develops budget recommendations. Prepares budget requests or written narrative. Processes expenditures (invoices for payment). Receives cash, checks and/or credit card payment. Must be PCI Compliant. Charges and/or reconciles P-Card Functions. Prepares purchase orders.
•Provides support to other CHPSW units, to include any or all of the above items as requested, self-initiated in the spirit of teaming, or in coordination with the chair of the department of assignment.
•Prepares new adjunct faculty contracts. Coordinates new employee sign-on with Human Resources including getting them set up in the computer system and ensuring they have all the materials needed for their class.
•Establishes and maintains both paper and computer-based record keeping systems, and retains backups of computer-based files.
•Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number PS306P
Open Date 08/09/2017
Close Date 08/23/2017
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a high school diploma, equivalent, or higher?
- * Do you have four or more years of administrative support experience providing data entry, records/file management, and customer service?
- * Please explain your directly related experience to the position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of directly related work experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience operating a personal computer with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook) software?
- This position is eligible for veteran's preference. For additional information regarding veteran's preference, please review the FGCU Human Resources website and click on the link for Veteran's Preference. You may copy and paste this URL into a separate browser window for easier access to veteran's preference information: http://www.fgcu.edu/HR/. To be eligible for veteran's preference, you must upload your DD214 to this posting. A new DD214 must be uploaded with each application submitted. Forms submitted under a previous application will not transfer to another position application.
- * Are you claiming veteran's preference?
- * Please indicate how you first learned of this position.
- Job Board
- Print Advertisement
- Social Media
- Job Fair/Conference
- FGCU Website
- Employee Referral
- * Per the question above, please specify the name of where you FIRST learned of the position?
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- List of 5 Professional References (with relationship of each)
- DD Form 214