Position summary Our Exciting Work Environment
The TD Garden, located in Boston, MA. It is home to the 2011 NHL's Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins and the NBA's Boston Celtics. The state-of-the-art TD Garden is a year-round, 19,600-seat arena, fully equipped with a Pro Shop, four private restaurants, 89 executive suites, 1,100 club seats, and a multi-million dollar High Definition video scoreboard. Please visit www.tdgarden.com to learn more.
The OpportunityThe Data Architect will play a central role in upgrading and modernizing the data infrastructure supporting the TD Garden & Boston Bruins system environments. The Data Architect will lead the development /integration of the following: data storage processes, infrastructure, analytic tools, data-warehouse and data governance for the business. In addition, the Data Architect will take a key role in training Delaware North analytic personnel on efficient coding processes and serve as a key liaison between Analytics, IT, and the Business Units for the data warehouse.
- Data Architecture & Warehousing - Lead developer on initiatives for: logical designs of data mapping from data sources as well as data flow design for translating into centralized physical databases.
- Data Governance - Works with internal stakeholders & third party vendors to develop the data governance models / standards as well as the ETL process based on the models.
- Data Processes - Leads the maintenance and daily support for the data-warehouse through implementation and refinement of the ETL processes.
- BI Integration - Oversees the mapping of the integrating process for data into BI Tools and Reporting Platforms from the data-warehouse.
- Leads the development and ongoing support of the data-warehouse, data accuracy, process integrity, mapping, business rules, and synchronization between data-systems.
- Key liaison between TD Garden & Delaware North IT for integrating data that feeds from the data-warehouse for BI Tools and reporting
- Works with third party vendors and key internal stakeholders on developing the data-governance models. In addition, insures the models integrate with the ETL processes for the data-warehouse
- Leads development on creating data-dictionaries of key tables and libraries within the data-warehouse. All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred in Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering or related field with 5-7 year's experience in related fields listed below:
- Data architecture with data platforms (such as): Netezza, Teradata, Oracle, AWS, Cognos, SAS
- SAS programming to maintain, develop advanced SAS techniques to write for optimal efficiency. Proficiency in SAS should include at minimum but not limited to: Base SAS, SAS DI Studio, SAS Visual Analytics, SAS Customer Intelligence Studio\
- Architecting and structuring high volume, various data integrations and services
- Working on data governance initiatives
- Modeling, segmentation techniques, survival methods, or other advanced inferential techniques.
- 2+ years of experience with cloud based data services preferred
- Thorough understanding and experience in structured programming methodologies
- Strong SAS skills with deep understanding of how procedures & data-steps work
- Understanding of how data-governance impacts data-mining and statistical modeling of the data
Who We AreTake your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com .
All applicants may be subject to a pre-employment background and/or drug testing.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Delaware North is a global food service and hospitality company headquartered in Buffalo, New York in the United States. The company operates in the lodging, sporting, airport, gaming and entertainment industries
Wed, 9 Aug 2017 09:17:29 PDT