Interim Special Programs Coordinator-TRIO Talent Search Program
Category: Professional Staff
Department: TRIO-Chelsea Campus
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Aug 09, '17
Ref No.: UNP
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at three satellite locations in the Greater Boston area. Recently re-certified as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream, BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. The College offers more than 100 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Sixty-seven percent of students are people of color and more than 50 percent are women.
We are looking for individuals aligned with our institutional values of access and success, excellence and innovation, economic and social justice, inclusiveness and equity, civic engagement and service, kindness and respect, and accountability and transparency. Individuals with a dedication to a dynamic educational environment, investment in the social and economic well-being of all, and belief in student-centered learning in an engaging, supportive environment are sought to fill the following position.
Living in Boston
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America. Twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offer more than 600,000 residents the opportunity to taste, touch, and experience things from all over the world. Neighbors benefit from exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, and a solid network of parks, community centers, and libraries. For more information about Boston go to: http://www.cityofboston.gov/residents.
- Recruit student participants for the TRiO Talent Search Program.
- Meet with and assess the academic and college application needs of TRiO students.
- Conduct outreach to TRiO students' parents as it relates to students' academic success and college enrollment.
- Support TRiO students in the financial aid application process.
- Track interactions with students in online database.
- Maintain records in accordance with grant guidelines.
- Support mentor staff in their delivery of services to TRiO students.
- Provide group and individual coaching for the college application process.
- Plan and assist field trips and college visits for TRiO students.
- Attend meetings with community stakeholders that support college access for TRiO students.
- Other activities as needed to ensure college access and enrollment for students.
- Assist with administration of Early College program
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 years of related experience in high school or college setting
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Proven ability to work with a diverse population of faculty, staff and students
- Ability to work some evening hours to attend community events
- Ability to collaborate with school and community based partners
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Experience working with low-income, first generation students
- Familiarity with student data systems such as Aspen and Blumen
Salary Range: $49,711.00-$52,000.00 Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education and Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Full state Benefits.
Review Date: To Ensure Consideration Application Materials Must Be Received By August 24, 2017.
Submit Cover Letter and Resume Addressing the Required Qualifications to: https://bhcc.interviewexchange.com. Fax transcript files over 2 MB to (617)-228-3328.