Adjunct Faculty: English
Category: Adjunct Faculty
Department: English Department
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Aug 09, '17
Type: Adjunct Faculty
Ref No.: ADJ
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at three satellite locations in the Greater Boston area. Recently re-certified as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream, BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. The College offers more than 100 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Sixty-seven percent of students are people of color and more than 50 percent are women.
We are looking for individuals aligned with our institutional values of access and success, excellence and innovation, economic and social justice, inclusiveness and equity, civic engagement and service, kindness and respect, and accountability and transparency. Individuals with a dedication to a dynamic educational environment, investment in the social and economic well-being of all, and belief in student-centered learning in an engaging, supportive environment are sought to fill the following position.
Living in Boston
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America. Twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offer more than 600,000 residents the opportunity to taste, touch, and experience things from all over the world. Neighbors benefit from exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, and a solid network of parks, community centers, and libraries. For more information about Boston go to: http://www.cityofboston.gov/residents.
Adjunct instructors needed to teach the following English courses at Chelsea High School Early College Program in fall 2017:
- ENG-095 (Writing Skills II) and ENG-111 (College Writing I), Chelsea High School, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 1:20-2:35 p.m., 9/5/17 to 12/21/17
- ENG-111 (College Writing I), Chelsea High School, Tuesday, Thursday, 1:20-2:35 p.m., 9/5/17 to 12/21/17
- Master's degree in Composition/Rhetoric, English, Literacy or Writing required. Master's degree or Doctorate in an interdisciplinary field with core coursework in English, Composition/Rhetoric, Literacy or Writing will be considered if graduate transcript(s) are submitted with application; Ph.D. preferred
- Experience with Learning Communities or openness to engaging in the teaching of Learning Communities
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
- Community college teaching experience preferred
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE INVITED TO ATTEND THE ADJUNCT ACADEMY PRIOR TO BEING ASSIGNED COURSES.
Salary: $1,066.00 per credit hour
Review Date: Fall semester, 2017; open until filled
Submit a Cover Letter Addressing the Required Qualifications, Resume and Contact Information for 3 References through the URL: www.bhcc.mass.edu/employment. Fax transcript files over 2MB's to (617)-228-3328.