IT Manager/ Systems Administrator- Austin Bergstrom Airport
Position summary Our Exciting Work Environment Austin-Bergstrom International Airport is located on the site of the former Bergstrom Air Force Base, in southeast Austin eight miles from downtown and the State Capitol. The airport immediately reminds visitors that they have arrived at a place that is mindful of its heritage - political, cultural, and natural. Delaware North Companies Travel Hospitality Services operates both food and retail concepts at the airport. Our unique concepts include Austin Java, Salt Lick BBQ, Maudie's TexMex, Ray Benson's Roadhouse, Book People, Austin Chronicle, The Longhorns Store, Waterloo Records, Austin City Limits, Austin Warehouse District., Earl Campbell's Sport's Bar and Annie's Cafe.
The OpportunityThis hands on IT Manager will be responsible for overseeing and implementing direction for all computing technology associated with Information services, applications, data - communications, telecommunications and computing services.
- Support and maintain all hardware and network applications including computers, printers, phones, fax machines and related installation, training, configuration, security, and maintenance. Provide end-user support for desktop and network related problems. Setup computer software and hardware for new and existing associates, and provide training (as required).
- Will serve as the IT administrator, with responsibility for management of all Point of Sale systems, implementation, training, and reporting.
- Develop and oversee implementation of solutions for the operations and ensure that these solutions are consistent with overall IT strategy of Delaware North Companies and the operation's requirements.
- Manage vendors to implement and support applications. Obtain quotes and prepare price and product comparisons for hardware, software, telephone and other IT related purchases and submit all documents to Controller for General Manager's approval.
- Order and maintain I.T. office supplies and maintain proper inventory levels.
- Maintain, update, back-up, troubleshoot, and safeguard all IT related systems. Develop plans, procedures, and documentation for required systems.
- Setup and maintain all user account and computer configurations. Develop and maintain user ID's, passwords and resource security file for computer users.
- Act as a liaison in the coordination of defining user needs and providing technical support through the Information Technology department.
- The position requires the incumbent to successfully balance the needs of the operations with appropriate input and direction from the Corporate Offices
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work and management experience. Hospitality experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication, analytical, and project management skills.
- Working knowledge of major systems as follows: Retail Pro - Point of Sale, Kronos Time Gathering, networking infrastructure, SQL, Windows NT, Novell, Windows, and PC Maintenance experience required.
Who We AreTake your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com .
All applicants may be subject to a pre-employment background and/or drug testing.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opporunity employer.
Delaware North is a global food service and hospitality company headquartered in Buffalo, New York in the United States. The company operates in the lodging, sporting, airport, gaming and entertainment industries
Wed, 9 Aug 2017 09:17:34 PDT