I. DEPARTMENT INFORMATION
Job Description Summary:
The Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics in the Milken Institute School of Public Health (GWU SPH) at George Washington University is conducting several NIH-funded HIV prevention studies.
The Department is seeking a full time Research Associate (RA) to help implement these studies. Under the supervision of the Principal Investigator and delegates, the RA will participate in research activities in the clinics, community, field, and mobile van settings, including but not limited to recruitment, retention, study referrals and management, instrumentation, data management and analysis, quality assurance and quality improvement, ethical conduct of study protocols, collaboration with multidisciplinary team including physicians and medical staff, collaboration with internal and external agencies, and other duties as requested. Meticulous research skills are required to function in this high intensity research environment; experience implementing multi-site biomedical clinical trials highly desired. The majority of work will take place off-campus; the candidate must be able to travel off-site. Traveling to trainings and meetings may be required. During periods of recruitment, late nights and weekend work may be required.
• Data collection, quality management, data management, statistical reports
• Recruitment, retention, consenting, implementation activities
• Administrative support, regulatory and operations support
• Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Require’s a master’s degree and 1 year of experience in the field or in a related area.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience in multi-site clinical trials environment
• Prior professional experience in HIV prevention trials
• Ability to complete current CITITRAINING HIPAA, FCOI, and Good Clinical Practice certifications
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and function in a professional environment
• Prior experience with data and quality management activities
• Excellent oral and written skills and professional demeanor appropriate to both clinical and community environments
• Can work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
• Experience with populations at risk for HIV including men who have sex with men, transgender women
• Previous experience with HPTN multicentered trials and early phase drug trials
• Ability to work autonomously when needed but also functions well in a team
I. POSITION INFORMATION
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom College/School/Department: Milken Institute School of Public Health (SPH) Family Research and Labs Sub-Family Field Research Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 1 Full-Time/Part-Time: Hours Per Week: 40 hours Work Schedule: M-F, 8:30-5:00, some weekends and evenings Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: Required Background Check Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: R000332 Job Open Date: 08/09/2017 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter