Regional Admissions Counselor - St. Louis Region
The counselor will be an innovative and energetic leader responsible for a student recruitment plan designed to meet enrollment goals. He/she will provide leadership in the development, implementation, and evaluation of recruitment policies and procedures.
- Maintains and analyzes the St. Louis recruitment territory; schedules recruitment events and represents Illinois Wesleyan University at those events; i.e. college fairs, conventions, high schools, and career fairs. Assures a supply of University literature is available to high schools and pertinent institutions
- Creates and evaluates a student recruitment plan and works to improve strategies to increase University enrollment goals by understanding Illinois Wesleyan University’s market, experience, and product. Be able to articulate to prospective students and families the admission process and policy, financial aid opportunities, academic programs, and campus activities
- Is required to meet yearly enrollment goals as stated by the Vice President of Enrollment Management
- Possesses a bachelor’s degree
- Has experience in admissions or related field
- Has leadership skills, organizational ability, and is self-motivated and goal oriented
- Is proficient in Microsoft Office computer skills
- Is able to work independently and to properly prioritize the work to be done
- Is able to lift objects up to 30 lbs.
- Is responsible for a travel territory, with overnight, weeknight, and weekend travel/responsibilities with extensive travel during the recruitment season
If you are interested in this position, please send a letter of interest, resume, and the names and telephone numbers of three professional references to:
Illinois Wesleyan University
Human Resources, Holmes 209
1312 N Park Street
Review of resumes will begin immediately continuing until the position is filled.The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual misconduct policy is accessible at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/SexualMisconductPolicy.html
Illinois Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusive excellence; details at www.iwu.edu/diversity