Academic Department Administrator
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The Corcoran School of the Arts and Design bridges the George Washington University's (GW) academically robust programs in the arts with Corcoran's creative and inspired scholarship. Part of GW's Columbian College of Arts and Sciences, the school functions as an incubator for artists and practitioners in arts-related fields, and serves to enrich students who are taking classes in other areas of the university. As such, it provides a platform for engagement that bridges creative expression and practical application with the breadth and depth of the larger liberal arts education.
The Corcoran School of the Arts and Design is seeking an Academic Department Administrator. This position would act as a front desk receptionist, assisting with greeting guests, maintaining the office mail system, incoming phone calls, and similar functions. They would also attend to clerical needs, overseeing facility scheduling requests, following up on maintenance issues, assist Program Head with syllabi gathering, academic scheduling, and course evaluations. This position will report to the Administrative Supervisor.
• Act as first point of contact for the program and the facility: greeting guests, answering phone calls, and checking program email or other digital message accounts. Provide timely, complete information in a friendly and helpful manner.
• Overseeing facility use and troubleshooting: schedule shared program spaces such as conference rooms. Identify, document, report, and follow up on all facility issues with appropriate maintenance or school staff
• Assist Program Head with key academic tasks, namely preparing academic schedule, collecting and storing syllabi, overseeing the deployment, collection, and tabulation of student course evaluations
• Attend to clerical needs of staff and faculty located in the facility - assist with basic troublshooting, office supply ordering, and assisting faculty with clerical projects such as mailing, photocopies, and data compilation.
• At direction of supervisor, handle basic financial transactions including purchasing supplies, reconciling PCard bills, maintaining basic expense trackers, and other occasional, entry-level accounting activities.
• Manage front office space including overseeing any student workers, engaging in basic housekeeping to keep the front office tidy, professional, and functional.
• Attend Corcoran staff meetings, integrate and coordinate with other Corcoran School administrative staff on key special projects as directed by supervisor.
• Performs other work related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a high school diploma/GED plus 3 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
Experience with standard office equipment
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom College/School/Department: Corcoran Family Administration Sub-Family Academic Department Administration Stream Service and Support Level Level 3 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday-Friday; 8:30am-5:30pm Position Designation: Non-Essential: Employees who are not required to work unless directed to do so by their supervisor. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? Yes (University Wide) Posting Number: S006572 Job Open Date: 08/09/2017 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently employed with The George Washington University?
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter