PAS Adm - Duke Entrepreneurship
Primary duties of the Program Coordinator, Student and Alumni Affairs, Innovation & Entrepreneurship include planning and management of co-curricular student programs in innovation and entrepreneurship (including summer internship programs, and immersive learning programs throughout the school year), organizing events, providing support to student organizations, providing support to faculty and staff, and providing assistance with the general operation of the initiative. The ideal candidate will have at least one university degree, excellent verbal and written communication skills, high energy, creativity, an ability to pay close attention to detail and a commitment to excellence. Familiarity with innovation, entrepreneurship, and university program administration is desirable.
• Assist in developing and executing on a long term plan for co-curricular programs in innovation and entrepreneurship across Duke • Prepare administrative materials for the development and implementation of new co- curricular programs in innovation and entrepreneurship.
• Support I&E leadership in advising student-led co-curricular programs in entrepreneurship
• Assist in identifying, developing, planning, organizing, promoting, managing, monitoring progress, and evaluating effectiveness of innovation and entrepreneurship themed sites and placements in summer immersive learning programs such as Melissa & Doug Entrepreneurs, Duke Startup Challenge, and the Startup Connect Summer Entrepreneurs Network; maintain contact with partners and students throughout the summer to ensure quality experiences.
• Assist in planning, promoting, liaising with, or otherwise supporting innovation and entrepreneurship competitions and accelerators on campus (e.g., Duke Startup Challenge) as well as coordinating with the Community Director to assist with external competitions and accelerators.
• Plan, coordinate, and manage logistics and promotion of special events, including speakers' series, seminars, workshops,conferences, and other gatherings.
• Prepare, edit, distribute, and manage content (e.g., print, internet, social media) for marketing and communications of I&E co-curricular activities and programs, in conjunction with the I&E Communications team.
• Maintain relationships with community resources for students on and off campus.
• Coordinate alumni engagement in the Duke Global Entrepreneurship Network (DukeGEN), and liaise with DukeGEN core leadership.
• Conduct analyses of the effectiveness of innovation and entrepreneurship programs; make recommendations and, where appropriate, take actions to improve, expand, eliminate, or replace programs.
• Assist in supervising, as needed, paid and volunteer student assistants and interns working on I&E innovation and entrepreneurship programs.
• Provide additional ad-hoc project management, program support, and coordination as required.
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
2321 PROGRAM COORD
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skillsgenerally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Work requires one year of experience in program administration orinvolving academic, instructional or counseling activities to acquireskills necessary to plan, coordinate and implement a variety of programactivities and events.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.