Academic Advisor - Gwinnett
Under the general direction of the Center Director, the Academic Advisor is responsible for proactively guiding students from their initial course work through graduation. The Academic Advisor serves as liaison between the student and University. The Academic Advisor will serve as the student's professional point of contact and is an advocate within the University.
Duties and Tasks:
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them form the position if the work is similar or related or a logical assignment to the position. Management may require incumbents to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Proactively outreach assigned students via tasks within the student information system in an effort to provide service for all students.
- Build rapport with students, help define clear objectives and assess fit with their respective program.
- Collaborate with the Advising team for a successful on-boarding process of all first term students.
- Ensures that information is proactively communicated to students and requests for assistance are met with a response that is meaningful and supportive for our students regarding their day-to-day needs.
- Provide comprehensive Program Evaluation for assigned students.
Assist each student with term-by-term registration guidance in advance of upcoming terms, information on ordering books, and extensive details of course descriptions.
- Meet and Exceed quality customer service interaction
- Serve as primary resource for questions and concerns regarding degree requirements, programs, policies and procedures.
- Ensure students have a solid understanding of the time commitment, technology and skills required to be a successful learner.
- Other duties as assigned by the Center Director
***In addition to uploading resume, the following documents are required for consideration. Please upload documents in one file (.PDF or Word) to the APPLICATION PACKET section of the application.***
- Cover Letter
- Values Statement (see below)
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
Please include a values statement (500 words or less) which highlights how your administrative philosophy and practices fit the Missions and Values of Saint Leo University. The University Ideal 2017, Mission Statement and Values are available on the Saint Leo website.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated academic administration experience
- Ability to effectively plan and organize work
- Excellent computer skills
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and education that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Job ID 2017-1534
Job Locations US-GA-Duluth