Student Services Specialist I
Financial Aid - 164860
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm; Overtime as needed
The Student Financial Aid & Scholarships (SFAS) department is committed to helping students achieve their educational goals by providing financial guidance and assistance within the guidelines of regulatory requirements. Through educational endeavors and student outreach, SFAS remains a vital contributor to UNT's enrollment success.
The Student Financial Aid & Scholarships (SFAS) department is seeking to hire a Student Services Specialist I to join our team and function as a Counselor I on the Scholarship Team.
This is professional work providing immediate and comprehensive service to customers relative to Federal, State and Institutional regulatory requirements, awarding financial aid, calculating Federal need analysis eligibility, performing detailed technical duties, conducting financial aid presentations, maintaining professional knowledge, performing special projects and providing intensive educational loan program data.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Adhere to Federal, State, and Institutional regulatory requirements, awarding financial aid and/or scholarships, calculating Federal need analysis eligibility, performing detailed technical duties, conducting financial aid presentations, maintaining professional knowledge, performing special projects, and providing intensive educational loan program data.
* Promote and carry through the concept of "first point of contact" service with Financial Aid/Admissions/Registrar/Bursar and with other university personnel.
* In teams or work groups, will utilize the Student Aid Handbook to propose office policy, write training materials for all staff members, write procedural documentation, as well as to serve students.
* Counsel and/or route incoming inquiries regarding application processes, programs available, need analyses, verification requirements, satisfactory progress, aid awarded, and ineligibility for aid.
* Advise and/or reply to incoming questions.
* Maintain knowledge of the SFAS Policy and Procedures Manual.
* Manage routine office tasks.
* Provide all core services related to the Eagle Student Services Center.
* Participate in scheduled presentations throughout campus and community events.
* Utilize Enterprise Information System to access and update data in SFAS and Enrollment Management modules.
* Assist in peer training.
* Verify applicant reported data, receipt of documents, processing of SFAS forms, Title IV funds, and Department of Homeland Security documentation reviews.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess an Associate's Degree and one year of office administration experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Proficiency in MS Office.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Financial aid experience.
* Extensive customer service experience in multiple settings.
* Strong ability to communicate effectively.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting