UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO DENVER
Assistant Professor-Pediatric Ophthalmology
Nature of Work
Department of Ophthalmology seeks a full time Assistant Professor or higher to provide outpatient medical and surgical management of ophthalmic pediatric disorders and strabismus at The Children's (TCH) and University of Colorado Denver (UCD) affiliate sites of practice.
MD with approved residency training in ophthalmology including fellowship training in pediatric ophthalmology.
The position will report directly to Robert Enzenauer, MD, Professor, Department of Ophthalmology.
Examples of Work Performed
- Provides direct patient care at TCH and UCD affiliates in the medical and surgical management of ophthalmic pediatric disorders and strabismus
- Resident teaching and basic or clinical applied research.
- MD, completion of an approved residency program in ophthalmology.
- Must be Board Certified or eligible and have a Colorado medical license or be eligible.
- Proficiency in medical and surgical management of pediatric ophthalmic disorders is required.
- Must be fellowship trained in pediatric ophthalmology.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and proficiency in medical and surgical management of pediatric ophthalmic disorders and strabismus.
- Demonstrated interest in basic or clinical applied research.
- Expertise and interest in retinopathy of prematurity is preferred. Interest in pediatric glaucoma is also desirable.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 10582
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20254 - SOM-Ophthalmology
Posting Date: Aug 9, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Robert Enzenauer
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00007377